Our Norway Adventure

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Will you be staying in the Dalarna/Värmland area in Sweden too?

ah sorry Ron i only just saw your post! Yes we will be staying in sweden very soon! we are heading to a farm near torsby/lysvik on 20th november for 3-4 weeks. we are currently near kongsvinger in norway near the border, and are trying to find another farm in Värmland area for the first few weeks of november fingers crossed :)

Dreadhead

there will be a proper trip report around xmas time as we are flying home for a few weeks to see family and friends and try and plot our new course and sort out budgets and things, as this trip will very likely not be a year but more like 6-8 months total for various reasons. so far has been great currently on a really nice farm owned by two biologists. have been managing some woodland areas, removing ol rusty barbed wire so we can start building a fence to keep sheep. it is moose hunting season and the other day we were invited along to watch the hunters skin and butcher some bulls they had killed. they very kindly allowed us to help skin them and we got to take the skins away with us for free! they are currently in a storeroom spread out and salted. I think the farmer is going to send them off for tanning, then he wants me to make as much leather goods as i can with the tanned skins. they also have a good forge here so i have been trying my hand at blacksmithing in my free time, have so far made a decorative wall hook, a thors hammer, and a trollcross pendant to protect me from trolls when out in the woods! so far has been very crafty and have various projects in the works which you will all hear about in due time ;)

Dreadhead

three pictures here. me skinning a moose calf. my dread tree: my dreads were getting way too long so cut them down a bit. found a wee magical space in the woods with a waterfall and tied all off the dreads to a tree like dread chimes. and my trollcross pendant i made in the forge to protect me from trolls, this is the third thing i have made in the forge. may try and fire it up sometime this week and make something else but need some ideas of what to make as small jewellery is not easy! have much more respect for all you metalheads now it is so much harder than it looks (for someone used to working with very pliable material anyway!)

1266648_10201444372585498_1406600238_o.jpg1273682_10153335294975444_593453672_o.jpg1271517_10153325507760444_1932291555_o.jpg

Skaukraft

Settler
Apr 8, 2012
Norway
Looks like you are having a blast.
Ida is asking if Fionn will come back and play with her. She is refering to you as "they who speak english".

Take care!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Nice picture of the barn Hamish. You'll be feeling that cold now you've trimmed the old dreads?

Liked the trollcross pendant (Reminds me of log lifting irons) seems to be that the country has a good background association of history and lore?

When do you think you'll get your first snows?

Dreadhead

Nice picture of the barn Hamish. You'll be feeling that cold now you've trimmed the old dreads?

Liked the trollcross pendant (Reminds me of log lifting irons) seems to be that the country has a good background association of history and lore?

When do you think you'll get your first snows?

cheers Colin :) nah my dreads are still over a foot long so not feeling it quite yet! not sure when the snows will come though cant wait

im well chuffed with the trollcross. just spent a few hours making a new thors hammer for myself and learnt a few new lessons. also started making a knife though its very early days and will need tlo read over my blacksmithing books a few more times as it looks so damn complicated! managed to melt both my thumbs and now off to fell some trees with the chainsaw to clear some more paths for fence building

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE