Our Norway Adventure

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Skaukraft

Settler
Apr 8, 2012
Norway
Look who I found outside the train staition:
DSC_1116_zpscc90b1fb.jpg

Had the great pleasure of having Fionn and Hamish as our guests for one night.
Picked them up at the train station and we had a great evening with good food, good drinks and and lots of small talk. And I can asure you that none of them left the house hungry:)
DSC_1115_zpsb1ee648b.jpg

Heres Hamish trying whale for the first time. And I suspect it wont be the last, it is hard to find better meat anywhere.
DSC_1114_zpsba085ac4.jpg

Both our eldest daughter and our JRT Balder instantly bonded with them.

Thank you very much for taking the time to visit me and my family Hamish and Fionn. We enjoyed every second of it, and we wish you good luck on the rest of your journey. And hopfylly our paths will cross again in the future.

Edit: Have to post a picture of the sporran Hamish had made for me. A totally uexpected gift that really touched me.
DSC_1117_zpsbfc89521.jpg

Last edited:

Skaukraft

Settler
Apr 8, 2012
Norway
Thanks.
Even though I belive they are more than capable to look after them selves it was great to get to know them. They are genuine good hearted people, and it kind of feels like I have known them for ages.
Whale steak is good, thats for sure. It can be a bit tricky to find of season, but I got lucky and found a really nice pice.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Thanks Odd we had such a great time! What a lovely family you have, hjempebra :) Our plans are always changing already due to locations and Norwegian prices! there shall be a proper update soon when we have a better internet connection so stay tuned ;)

P.s highly recommend whale meat and reindeer sausage :)

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Haha!
A pity I'm not here longer mate. Shoot me a pm on the off chance you're near stavanger at any point this week.

Whale is really quite lovely. And reindeer is awesome too mate. Make sure you try Kolmer... Potato dumplings with meat in. Pretty decent.
And the brunost! So good!

You're going to love it here.

All the best
Andy

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Ah just saw your comment Andy! Shame were not on the east coast, but currently chilling in a cabin for a week exploring before on our way to a farm next week for moose hunting it so the plan goes ;) not a great fan of the brunost but the nordvegia ost is lovely and smooth

There is WiFi absolutely everywhere in this country so I won't be as absent from BCUK as I thought!

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
Sounds like you're having a great time, Hamish. It was really nice of Skaucraft to let you into his home.

I've just been camping and I used that Oakenwise bag of yours. Sturdy little thing that.

Cheers.

Skaukraft

Settler
Apr 8, 2012
Norway
Good to hear you are alive and kicking guys.
Is it the farm near Kongsvinger you are going to next?
Be sure to grab those leg sinews on the mooses.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Ah just saw your comment Andy! Shame were not on the east coast, but currently chilling in a cabin for a week exploring before on our way to a farm next week for moose hunting it so the plan goes ;) not a great fan of the brunost but the nordvegia ost is lovely and smooth

There is WiFi absolutely everywhere in this country so I won't be as absent from BCUK as I thought!

No worries big man. I got pretty hectic with work that week anyway.

I brought a couple of blocks of the brunost home with me. I was told I was unusual for liking it as foreigners usually don't apparently.

Enjoy your time at the farm. All the best
Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE