Our Norway Adventure

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Ah unfortunatly not, we will be around Bergen in the summer and then go straight to lofoten islands for the viking museum as we have to see as much as possible while we can. but that is a year away and plans may change

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
You have to be careful with trips like that:)

my brother went climbing in france for a couple of months - didn't come back for 7 years, ended up in malasyia with a Turkish wife :)

Have fun now...

jim.b

Maker Plus
Jul 3, 2013
hull
I hope you both have a great time! I have no doubt your skills and wares will go down a storm over there, just remember to come back lol! Good journey to you both.

Dreadhead

thanks everyone :)

some kit prep today got everything all packed up sorry for the blurry pictures. Has been a bit of a nightmare as our kit is a bit of an amalgamation of what i would call camping kit, and travel kit. I don't usually take anything electronic camping, but as we are travelling for a year we have kindles, an ipod, camera, video camera, and will buy a phone when we get there. And some extra home comforts here and there and both also have a full set of viking clothes, shoes, and i have some leather and my travel leatherworking kit

Not all of the kit is coming with us straight away. Some wool clothes, and our wool boots etc will be posted over to us in a month so that we have a little extra room in our packs for getting through the airport.

fxqp.jpg

r3qd.jpg

Too shattered to write a full kit list the now, but if anyone is interested let me know and will write it out in full. for clothing though i have:

merino baselayers - bottoms and top
merino socks X 3
arctic wool socks x1
cotton socks x 1
wool boxers x1
silk boxers x 2
cotton boxers x 2
Handmade linen trousers x 2
handmade linen shirt x 1
cotton trousers for work x 1
handmade viking wool tunic x 1
norgie x 1
bison bushcraft shirt x1
swedish snow smock x 1
handmade brodequin boots x 1
handmade viking turnshoes x 2
wool headover thing x 1
leather gloves x 1

also have pair of askari wool trousers and some handmade ones which will be posted with my wool boots in a months time.

Fionn has mostly army clothing from her time in the cadets aswell as a handmade viking wool dress and massive british army arctic parka for winter which will be posted over

Dreadhead

Hamish I dont wanna alarm you but you've had a bergen bomb go off in the lounge mate :)
What are you planning to pack it all into mate?

too right! Well i did order a m83 south african pack. but little did i realise it would take 14 weeks to arrive. still 4 weeks to go until it is due so instead im taking an old army bergen Fionn has left from her time in the cadets a decade ago. seems comfortable and sturdy so no worries there. She bought some cheap rucksack from ebay which i am a bit dubious about! but most of the time they will be sitting in our lodgings doing nothing and won't get used that much apart from when we have some free time at weekens and the odd week here and there spent exploring

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
If you have time to pick one up, a surplus army canvas kit bag is great for holding all that extra stuff that just doesn't want to go in your rucksack. That is if you have the option to check another back in on whatever transport you are using to get there.

The best part is they cost not much more than a tenner and are very well made.

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
Hello my friend. I'm very exited about your journey! :) Seems like a very good year ahead! Best of luck to you and Fionn.

Andy

Dreadhead

If you have time to pick one up, a surplus army canvas kit bag is great for holding all that extra stuff that just doesn't want to go in your rucksack. That is if you have the option to check another back in on whatever transport you are using to get there.

The best part is they cost not much more than a tenner and are very well made.

good idea ;)

Hello my friend. I'm very exited about your journey! :) Seems like a very good year ahead! Best of luck to you and Fionn.

Andy

cheers Andy :)

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
Farewell, Hamish.

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

Thanks again for the Oakenwise bag you made this year.

Have a great trip you two! So jealous... Sorry we haven't seen more of you recently... Was gonna ask you if you were going to do a blog of your travels? Just have a great time. And most importantly, if you get the opportunity to stay there. Do so. It's a darn site better there than here! Especially if your starting a family! ;) Ha det bra!

Dreadhead

Having a wee holiday in Oslo before the work starts so have internet for the day in the hotel. They really weren't joking about the cost of things here swmbo will never get used to it! So far loving it what a great atmosphere here

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Having a wee holiday in Oslo before the work starts so have internet for the day in the hotel. They really weren't joking about the cost of things here swmbo will never get used to it! So far loving it what a great atmosphere here

Glad you've both arrived safely, have a great time. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE