Our Norway Adventure

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Alas I must say farewell to bcuk for a short while for those of you who are not aware, as on the 11[SUP]th[/SUP] september me and my partner Fionn (Water Gypsy of this parish) are flying to norway for a year!

It has been in the planning stages for years, constantly put off due to health problems. The time has finally arrived that I am well enough to travel again, and we can do so together.
We will be working on farms all over norway and sweden through the wwoof system, and travelling in between farms in order to see as much of the country as possible and practice some bushcraft skills. There are also various festivals lined up like the jokkmokk festival the sub zero crew visited this year, and several viking markets we want to see. As well as farm work, we will continue with traditional crafts where possible, so it is not entirely the end of my leatherworking as I have various farmers wanting me to teach them and work on some of their own projects ;)

So whilst away we won't have as much of a presence on the forum, except when we can grab some internet time here and there so will try and put up tidbits when I can of our kit lists and trip reports etc. My small workshop is all packed away in storage so no more orders for a year!

I would like to take this time to say thank you bcuk for the incredible generosity of this community in helping me through tough times, helping me to learn skills which have given me an honest living this past year, welcoming us round the fire at meets, and for all those who have contributed towards and helped plan our norway adventure we can't thank you enough!

Until next winter,

Hamish & Fionn

Eragon21

May 30, 2009
Aberdare
I would say I hope that you have fantastic time and that I will be very much looking forward to the trip reports in the future

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Hamish and Fionn, it sounds a great trip, live it to the full, relish it and send us lots of photos!! Bon Voyage.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Have a brilliant time both of you!

I'm sure Norway and Sweden won't disappoint in any way :)

Keep us posted.

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Best of luck to you both, sounds like an adventure of a lifetime and I hope it is!

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Wow! dead jealous Hamish, sounds like an excellent way to spend a year.
Have fun the pair of you, and bring back loads of craft ideas as well as pictures.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
good luck both have a great time take lots of photos we will expect a full report when you come back regards to you both dave

Apr 25, 2012
Wolverhampton
Haven't known you long bro, but I'm sorry to see you go as your a great guy! Hope you both have a great time tho bud and experience as much as you can in the time you have, as you only live once :) Look forward to you return bro, Have fun!

Brian.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Very best wishes for a brilliant year :D
It sounds like hard work, but it's the kind of hard work that feeds the spirit as well as the body.
Keep in touch when you can ?

atb,
Mary

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE