OT-Musical Tastes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ed dickson

Feb 7, 2006
herefordshire
It's often been said that someone's favourite song says a lot about a person. With that in mind, what tune would you like to wake up to after a night in the woods?

I'll start the ball rolling with my current favourite, 'Winter Wine' by Caravan.
EDIT: I hope everyone will chip in, it's good to have a thread everyone can contribute to.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
I have to say one of my favorite songs of all time that always makes me smile is Echo Beach by Martha and the Muffins it would be really good to wake up to on the last day of a trip to the woods before returning to civilisationJames

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
A tough one that.

I have very broad yet at the same time particular tastes, and what I listen too depends on my mood. Be it rock, jazz classical or world music.

If the sunrise had to be accompanied by music I think I'd prefer something soothing/relaxing with a bit of bite so maybe either Tangerine Dream, Klaus Schultz or JMJ.

Or if I want a lot of bite anything from good old heavy rock to Rammstein, NIN or Front 242.

As long as it's not country & western or inane pop I'd be happy.

Rgds

David

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
Whatever tune the birds happen to be singing when I wake up ;) :eek:

Either that or 'Gone Away' by The Offspring. Totally not the right song for the woods or mornings in general but it's my favourite and I never get tired of hearing it :D

leon-1

This is rather difficult as like moduser I have a varied taste in music.

Somethin like Malaguena from Schulwerk by Carl Orff would be good, as would things like the Canon by Pachelbel, Going Home by Dire Straites and Guns 'n' Roses "Patience" or Dire Straites Telegraph Road.

To be honest I never really know untill I wake up, somedays it could be peacefull like the above tracks other days it could be like Orff 'O Fortuna', Mussorgski "A night on the Bare Mountain"

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Proverb.jpg
[/IMG]

15 minutes of Reich's "Proverb" for me please.

No magic mushrooms required!

Cheers

xavierdoc

Apr 5, 2006
SW Wales
Anything being sung by Kiera Knightley, live from my Bivvy-bag, would do! ;)

If I wanted a peaceful, thoughtful song: Led Zep "Thank You" :lmao:

If I needed something more energetic: Led Zep "Whole lotta love" :headbang:

If I felt classical: "Spem in Aliem" (Tallis) or for LOUD it has to be the opening movement of Strauss's "Also sprach zarathustra" (otherwise known as "that tune from 2001: space odyssey")

The dawn chorus takes some beating, though.

Have a good B/H weekend, UK dwellers.

gunnix

Nomad
Mar 5, 2006
Belgium
Well I could start singing: What shall we do with the drunken sailor :)

I like to sing in a group, but sadly there aren't many people knowing sea shanties (the only songs I know ;) ) around.

or "Alle soemand er glade for piger" :)

I'd love it to be in a time with no radios where people were still singing themselves, I'm sure that time will come again :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE