Freedom days

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
Mid morning and it was a sunny 14 C and a good opportunity to haul the covers off Yakki the Himalayan and wake him from his short Winter sleep. I'm a fair weather Biker now, takes too long for old bones to knit if I throw it up the road on frost or ice. The country roads here are mostly in tree shadows and don't thaw out quickly like suburban roads, so from December to the warm days of March it's hibernation time for the Royal Enfield.

Once clear of the Farm entrance left and right there are no junction hazards for a couple of miles..So 'Standby Houston we have..' Just kidding really, not on Yakki anyway..Top speed of a Reliant rather than a Rocket Ship.. :roflmao:

In a month or so the roads will get busy with tourists, often towing caravans like small white Bungalows on wheels. Some of them have an alarming habit of stopping on blind bends and corners when the mobile phone they are navigating with suddenly loses it's signal, a very common occurrence around here, or their Sat Nav has lead them into a 8 foot wide road with their 9 foot wide caravan. :laugh: Then, seized with fear, lost in the Welsh countryside, miles from a Costa, a Mac D's or civilisation, they just stop in the road, anywhere in the road...:laugh: :laugh:
But for now the roads are clear.

Long sweeping bends with just about perfect Camber.

But the countryside is too beautiful to rush around, so I just let the single cylinder thump along and I enjoy the views.

Tempting to go straight on, but I've done 50 miles so a right turn towards home it is..

57 miles for a first outing has got Yakki singing along, brakes and everything else tested, and me with my Biking head on again after 3 months lay off.
The lane leading to home.

:thumbsup:

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
Thanks for this little snippet.
I am still mending so no bikey adventures just yet. My faithful old bike is still resting in the shed for now. I know she’s there waiting, as ever, as she has done for the past 32 years. She looks very similar except that the engine sticks out both sides:finger:
S

Reactions: saxonaxe

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE