Opinel question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pignuts

Jun 15, 2005
Does anybody out there know where to get the Opinel knife with a rounded end (Good for young bushcrafters!)in this country..I think it's 07..We need to get a few. WE're finally getting our forest school going starting with a project in feb, so we need them sharpish in the next couple of weeks..
cheers mates !

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
pignuts said:
Does anybody out there know where to get the Opinel knife with a rounded end (Good for young bushcrafters!)in this country..I think it's 07..We need to get a few. WE're finally getting our forest school going starting with a project in feb, so we need them sharpish in the next couple of weeks..
cheers mates !

You should have asked earlier ;)

Seven Euros each, from Pierre Courty, in Paris.
http://couteaux-courty.com/cgi-bin/...ction=view_product&productID=1550&category=17

If you want, I can write you an e-mail that you can send to him asking for price and delivery for the quantity you need.

A friend wanted something off hi a while ago, and it would have cost €19 in postage, for a single item. Not worth it (we found a different solution ;) ) but if you wanted, say ten or twelve, it might be acceptable...

K.

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
It is a specific model No. 07, in French 'Couteau Opinel N°7 à bout rond' or 'round point' made for kids. They are around £5 here. I am not sure of any suppliers stocking these in the UK but Axminster may have them or could order them?

pignuts

Jun 15, 2005
If you want, I can write you an e-mail that you can send to him asking for price and delivery for the quantity you need.

That would be really helpful cheers. In the meantime if anyone does hear of a UK outlet let me know.
(Sorry i haven't worked out quoting! Any helpers!!!!)

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
pignuts said:

Erm, hit the "Quote" button in the post that you want to quote from....
But if anyone can tell me how to quote from multiple posts ;) ......

ATB

Ogri the trog

risby

Forager
Jun 21, 2005
dorset, uk
pignuts said:

Ogri the trog said:
Erm, hit the "Quote" button in the post that you want to quote from....
But if anyone can tell me how to quote from multiple posts ;) ......

Hit the Quote button (as I did on your message)

repeat

highlight the quoted text and copy it
hit the back icon in your browser
go to the next message you want to quote from
hit the Quote button
position the cursor to the bottom of the text input box
paste the original copied text

until all quotes have been collected

add your own text around the quoted text(s)
hit Preview Post button

if preview looks good
then
hit Submit Reply button

OhCanada

Forager
Feb 26, 2005
Eastern Canada
It's an Opinel butter knife! Now that's one for the picnic basket.

Was wondering how common the Opinels with the tappered handle was in the UK? Handle similar to the filet knife but with regular blade. Opinel makes them for a Canadian company here, I own a few.

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
Like this?
F1577.jpg

http://couteaux-courty.com/cgi-bin/...ction=view_product&productID=1580&category=17

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE