Open invitation arctic meet 2017

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
:camping::welcome1:mate

Packed up.
IMG_0144_zps0xbrskzt.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I hope that's everyone's kit!

Nope. ;) Thats 10 foot snowtrekker tent and box stove in bottom bag, with poles. [Sharing with Ash, hes taking this bag]

10 foot rolled tobbogan and clothes in bag 2

massive -30 wiggys rectangular sleeping bag, sleeping mattress and belt kit, ice chisel in bag 3

Long wooden snowshoes, poles, jerven bag, shovel, trousers, smock, 650 katanaboy, 4 litre pot, 10 days freeze dried food, kettle, small repair kit, keela munro jacket and salopettes, etc in long ski bag.

And other stuff.....but thats the main stuff

Last edited:

SGL70

Dec 1, 2014
Luleå, Sweden
Regarding the King's Trail - you start out having one third of the trail going north (Vakkatovare) and two thirds going south (Saltoluokta)....A really nice place to be in.

The missus and I hiked the Vakkatovare - Nikkaloukta part two years ago IIRC..posted a trip report.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Hi Greger, would it be possible to cross country ski from kiruna to suorva at this time of year along the kings trail? What would the journey be like?

SGL70

Dec 1, 2014
Luleå, Sweden
Yes, I think it could be done. 100 km from Kiruna to Nikkaluokta and from there 70 km to Vakkatovare.

It would be 3 times quicker than doing it with snow shoes. How enjoyable it would be is highly depending on the snow - powder (less) or firm (more), but there are many factors to take into account.

Greger

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Yes, I think it could be done. 100 km from Kiruna to Nikkaluokta and from there 70 km to Vakkatovare.

It would be 3 times quicker than doing it with snow shoes. How enjoyable it would be is highly depending on the snow - powder (less) or firm (more), but there are many factors to take into account.

Greger

Yeh, that trip sounds a bit toooooo long. :yikes:

One response received. [Chocolate teapot.]

We are working in the forrest area untill 20 of February. I can't say anything about the mountain area today. You must always be carefull with this big lakes...always!!!

Just re-read your kings trail post Greger. The scenery is fantastic, really stunning, would love to do it, but not in winter, which fjallraven jacket is that youre wearing? Thanks.

Last edited:

SGL70

Dec 1, 2014
Luleå, Sweden
Fjallraven Sarek. Great stuff. I never leave home without it.

Hiking the King's trail...I highly recommend it! It has something for everybody: Walk between STF stations (rooms and food etc) or go off reservation to feel solitude.

Greger

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Well, looking forward to meting you Greger. :You_Rock_ mate. We'll bring you a bottle of booze over. As it seems t be eye wateringly expensive over there.Any preferences? You a whisky man, A nice Port, Sherry? Whats your pleasure?

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I get black outs with vodka and gin, as its just so easy to drink. Greger was a rupert, so Im sure he'll want something a bit more sophisticated than nukey brown. heeheeheeheehee :lmao:

Last edited:

SGL70

Dec 1, 2014
Luleå, Sweden
Hmmm....been called many things, but never a rupert...even my google-fu comes up short!

I am an omnivore when it comes to drink, but honestly, seeing you all is reward enough...and you are lugging quite the load already.

Btw, how do i reach you (got Dave's phone number)

I hope you get cold weather, fatty food and new experiences!!

Greger

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE