Online purchase from Lakeland Bushcraft

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Well I have just spent some cash online at Lakeland Bushcraft. A bit late as I'm off on my jaunt at the weekend. Wonder what the chances I will get my delivery before friday lunchtime? Fingers crossed!! I heard they were good. BPL-UK are good and I'd not worry about getting it that quick with them but LB are new to me so I am not sure.

They do have good prices for stuff. The petzl e-lite is selling for quite a afew pounds less than most other places. Their lifesystems trek FAK is also cheaper than other places but there is no way to add it to order, a fault in the page perhaps. Will call them tomorrow I think to see if it can be added to the order.

Anyone had experience with them? Is it a guy who posts occasionally on here called Lurch who works there?

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
The last time i ordered some kit from them i got my stuff within 3or4 days i think, quick anyway

Jason

mrmel

Forager
Jun 23, 2008
Gloucester
I ordered a forces 66 and a response pak from them Wednesday night and got the goods Friday morning.
Top notch site that one.

WolfCub

Forager
Aug 6, 2008
Bucks
Same experience as above. Needed some last minute bits before a trip to Uganda, got them in time. If something dosn't arrive promptly I'd put money on it being fault of a company beyond his control.

As Toddy said, even the Cocker floods didn't totaly get the better of him !

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
never had a problem ordering from Lurch, if he says it's in stock it's in stock, unlike some of the other online retailers you see, delivery wise, as others have said, his deliveries are top notch

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Thought so. Sounds kinda like the BPL-UK level of service or Alpkit or Outdoor Warehouse or outdoorsgrub.co.uk. Those three have always, ALWAYS made a delivery within 1 day of me ordering IF I order before their day's cut-off which is usually about 1pm. They also use the 2-4 or 3-4 days standard delivey phrase to cover themselves but it is always 1 day. So their service is good, but do they put in a small pack of sweeties? BPL-UK started that but IIRC there are something like 3 online retailers doing it now. Makes a pleasant surprise for first time customers and makes you remember them at least it did for me for BPL-UK.

Knew it was Lurch who worked there. Wow! through the Cocker floods too? Deffo prepared! Must have had a RIB or something. Or really good waders. Hopefully I'll get my esbit tabs, e-lite and other bits. Tried to get the lifesystems trek FAK but there was no add to cart button. Either not in stock or not been added to site (techie issue perhaps). Shame it was cheaper than other places. Reckon my savings on stuff from there more than covered my carriage charge. Glad I checked where they were based last night. I had it in my mind they were at Penrith or no further than Keswick. Was going to pop in and buy the stuff on way up to Scotland. That would have been fatal if I'd gone in. Probably way too many goodies to not walk out with spending too much cash.

Thanks for the confirmation of their service levels.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Anyone had experience with them? Is it a guy who posts occasionally on here called Lurch who works there?

Lurch is the owner :cool: and as others have said he offers great service.

I bought a rucksack from him at 4:30pm and it was with me by 11:00am the next day :D

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Top man, top service, nuff said.
meditate.gif

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
My first thought when I saw this thread title was "Who's order have I mucked up?"!
Your stuff is in the post tonight Paul.
Oh, and thank you everyone for your kind words!

Lurch - your service so far has been excellent. I called to add a FAK yesterday as the website wouldn't allow it to be added to the cart (no Qty or"add to cart" button). The guy said it might not be in stock. Went away for about 20 seconds to speak to someone and came back saying it was there and my order is all in stock ready to go. He took my card details and told me it would all be out in the same delivery. I now have the lass on reception tipped to divert the package to me today. I reckon Lakelan Bushcraft service is right up there with the best I've experienced.

Sorry to have worried you.

Now I have to stop myself browsing the site too often or my bank balance will get hit.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE