One for Awl

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Doesn't appear to have any of them now.
Just the Sac Needles....which are very, very good and worth the money.....if you're likely to need a really strong 'big' needle.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/25-STRON...846902?hash=item284f1ac776:g:1gIAAOSwn35asQJS

I've used them for webbing, for basketry, rope work, sewing espadrilles, repairing the tension strap on a tent, etc.,

M
They look like the kind of needles my father used to sew the massive bags up that we used to put our sheep fleeces into after we sheared them.

Wayland

Hárbarðr

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
Another thing about the humble awl that many people neglect is honing. When you buy awls from leatherworking shops they come ground to a point and do work but if you spend a little time on a stone and strop actually sharpening them into miniature daggers, then they become a totally different tool. When I sell awls, I do the same with bare blades (square, diamond or triangular), but always hone them if they have a handle fitted just so people appreciate why mine cost more!

This square pointed 'birdcage awl' is a new one on me. That'll be added to my range ready for the next show :D Thanks for that! A range of sizes me thinks, maybe from 3mm to 6mm across

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE