One for all you Axe mask lovers

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi

I was having a look round at a axe mask and thought to myself, i'll do something different next time.
Well next time came and i made this one up.
The mask is double thick around the front part this will give more leather on the safety side. I also put a Celtic knot pattern as spec.
In the welt i have hidden brass bars more safety so the axe blade dose cut the stitching at the front of the mask.
The axe mask is 5 layer at the front and bottom the hole are all Awl by hand (No drilling of holes). All hand stitched with tiger thread (i do not rate linen thread on working leather stuff, that's just me)
The strap which hold the axe in place i have platted .

006jw.jpg

007ui.jpg

002pvb.jpg

As first seen on bcuk
Thank you for looking
All comments welcome

Cheers Topknot

Ronnie

Settler
Oct 7, 2010
Highland
Outstanding. Beautiful. And sounds like it's engineered even better than it looks.

I've been wanting to get started trying to make an axe mask, but so far have failed miserably. What leather should I look for in the first instance?

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
Fantastic! That's one pimped Husky! One question: How have you plaited the strap? Each end is a single piece of leather divided into three, yet it's plaited in between. I know there is going to be some clever answer for this, but I can't see any joins and my brain can't see how it's done otherwise!

Z

Edit: I think I have found the answer, but I am going to have to watch this a few times to work out how it doesnt just end up as a great big twisty knot!

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE