Sold **NOW SOLD** Green Woodworking Tools - Nic Westermann Twca Cam and Wildfields Forge Carving Axe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stu Haysman

Feb 21, 2022
North Walsham
WILD FIELDS FORGE UNIVERSAL CARVING AXE

An excellent and well-balanced green woodworkers carving axe from Maksym (who is a Ukranian blacksmith). Comes with a hand-stitched leather blade cover and is razor sharp. It’s had light use and has been well looked after. The only change I’ve made is to decorate the handle with some terra-cotta milk paint, but I guess you could remove it if that’s not your cup of tea!

Head weight is approximately 550g, fitted with a hexagonal hand-carved ash handle. The blade is hand forged from 52100 steel.

£150 including UK postage and Paypal fees. Over 18’s and UK buyers only please, payment by PayPal as per Forum rules.

If you want additional photos or more information just let me know.

IMG_5976.JPG

IMG_5977.JPG

IMG_5978.JPG

IMG_5979.JPG

NIC WESTERMANN TWCA CAM BLADE / OAK HANDLE AND STROP STICK

A 50mm Nic Westermann twca cam blade, mounted by me into an octagonal oak handle (handle is 11.5” long). I’ve made a blade box to keep the edge protected, which does have my initials carved on it, but you can always make your own! There is also a sharpening stick, again made by me, with a ceramic knife sharpener in the centre, sheathed by a leather strop (slide off the leather sheath to use the ceramic stick).

The blade is right handed (I think that’s the right description - meaning that if you hold it up in front of you so the blade spells a ‘C’, the sharp edge is facing towards you.

These are a little bit of a unicorn tool - Nics current wait list to buy a new blade from him is an eye-watering 26 to 38 months!!

£140 including UK postage and Paypal fees. Over 18’s and UK buyers only please, payment by PayPal as per Forum rules.

If you want additional photos or more information just let me know.

IMG_5983.JPG

IMG_5982.JPG

IMG_5980.JPG

IMG_5984.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5983.JPG
    IMG_5983.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: ScottE

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE