On the look out for a wool scarf. Suggestions?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Randall

Tenderfoot
Feb 16, 2012
Peak District
Hey all, I'm looking for a good wool scarf for the colder days like today. Preferably merino or lambswool. I've got an old acrylic one on at the moment and not surprisingly pretty cold.

Can anyone tell of the differences between lambswool and merino... comfort, warmth, etc... how they compare? If you know of any good scarves please share. I don't mind shelling out a bit for a good scarf as it seems to make a big difference for its weight. Seem to lose a lot of heat from the neck.

Preferably no tassles or bright colours, just a plain strip of wool to wrap around me neck :)

Cheers,

Randall

hiraeth

Settler
Jan 16, 2007
Port Talbot
Thanks hiraeth. How thick/heavy are they?

Might sound odd, but would not class them as thick or heavy. I was a little disappointed at first until I wore it, very soft and comfy to wear and also nice and warm. Would not be with out it now. I also have one of their Alpaca Chullo`s which keeps the old head toasty and warm.

Randall

Tenderfoot
Feb 16, 2012
Peak District
Thanks guys, some useful stuff. Would be well up for knitting my own, must learn how to do that. Think I forgot the technique in primary school :p

Hiraeth I saw the scarf's weight which did look quite light (110g), but I've bookmarked the site as some of their products look very good and reasonably priced.. must have a browse on that later on. Would prefer to buy hand made things made with care. In fact, if anyone has other sites/shops similar to that where they sell quality hand made clothing/items/ornaments, etc feel free to post the url here. Always enjoy looking through those sites.

Cheers,

Randall

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE