olympics

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
watching some of the opening ceremony and I'm filled with doom regarding 2012

I know we will make a dogs dinner of the whole affair, I doubt we will even start it off on time look at the millenium fiasco :(

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Haven't watched any, won't watch any, dont think we should have sent a single athlete

nuff sed

Red

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Its times like this I wish I had a telly...I would love to watch it. It brings a tear to my eye watching people give their all in the name of sport..
I know China has a disgusting human rights record, but that has nothing to do with the olympic games.
Come on team GB, I am right behind you....with my radio...

Getting back on topic. I am sure we can put on a good show here..We have just as much history to show as China, its just we don't have a very good human rights record in our history, do we... In fact we have proberbly been worse than the Chinese, so maybe the Chinese should boycot the games when they come here...
That would be stupid though cos the games is all about games and not politics...

crazyclimber

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2007
UK / Qatar
Hmm I know this site has a no politics policy... but I can't help but agree with what a lot of JonnyP said. We got away with it for long enough...

That aside anyway, yeah I've been watching it wishing I was there, it looked spectacular. Good luck to the whole GB team, these people have put such a huge amount of effort into getting there lets not let the location of the games change what they're doing. I'll def be cheering them on!

stijnb

Tenderfoot
Mar 11, 2008
nederland
I agree in that sport has nothing to do with politics, but human rights are more important than that principle.
I think that the atlethes should indeed not boycot the games, but it is good to finaly see the presidents and prime ministers say something about it.

P

PeterC

Funny thing is that the sporting organisations all say that sport has nothing to do with politics until they need money.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I am disgusted with the way our Olympic bid has carried on, the price to those living in London is quite ridiculous. The Millenium Dome was a big mistake, a huge amount of money squandered on the biggest pile of poop known to man! Seems like people are not keeping an eye on the past. It's gonna be another big waste of money, and for what?

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
I agree thats its another dome or chunnel but now the chinese have thrown u a lifeline with their editing of certain things.

I look forward to ardman animations 'wallace and grommit host the 2012 olypic opening ceremony' and the parade of cheeeeeeese!!!!!! :)

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Damn it! I hadn't watched until earlier on. I was walking back into a customers house and they had female beach volleyball on the telly. Do I need to go on? I was totally captivated at the skill of these women, their ability to keep the ball aloft in the most arduous of circumstances, both teams playing in perfect unison, working as a team to try and out play the opposing team, perfect symbiosis as if one brain controlled them. Their physical fitness at playing in very hot conditions in a sport that is very demanding, their ability to overcome the unknown playing surface, to judge the ground perfectly, constant communication, perfect in the field of sport they were playing.

Yeah, right, that was what I was watching! :rolleyes: What was slightly disconcerting was the two very cute women who lived in the house that were drooling more than I! :naughty:

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Haven't watched any, won't watch any, dont think we should have sent a single athlete

nuff sed

Red

You ARE a miserable sod Red. I'm rather enjoying the womans beach volleyball at the moment :D
There was a time I could have gotten into a pair of those NIKE's meself mind you. :headbang: ;)............understand that as you will !!!

I have to concur with Spam, and of course I'm only watching the womans beach volleyball due to the athletic prowess. :red: :rolleyes: :D

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Its a bit pointless for people to refuse to watch the olympics, or protesting there on the grounds that the chinese are human rights abusers. What really gives the chinese their clout is BUYING chinese goods, and I bet you most people arent watching out for the `made in china` label and avoiding it.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Its a bit pointless for people to refuse to watch the olympics, or protesting there on the grounds that the chinese are human rights abusers. What really gives the chinese their clout is BUYING chinese goods, and I bet you most people arent watching out for the `made in china` label and avoiding it.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Just listened to the mens coxless 4 win after comming from behind the Aussies to win the gold medal.. Wish I could of watched it, I was shaking with excitement here...
Tis a good day for Team GB

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE