OK so the world ends tomorrow accordiong to some but............

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
407172_395013213913425_511083955_n.jpg
68600_10151129149432109_1142318210_n.jpg

Last edited:

widu13

Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
I'm not sure the depletion of fossil fuels is going to be all that slow TBH. I believe I read that there's about another 50-75 years worth at current consumption levels. However that particular scenario has the possibility of finding or developping alternate energy sources. The question is, can we do it? Or maybe rephrased to, WILL we do it?

There are plenty of viable fuels to replace hydrocardons, but...at the moment hydrocarbons are cheaper (an entire engine was designed by Dr Diesel to run on peanut oil, but the petrochemical companies designed a much cheaper fuel which became known as...diesel!)

Algae, biomass (both grown as or by products of crops) can be made into fuel and as time moves on and resources grow scarcer the petrochem companies will release patents that they have snapped up in the past few decades preventing their monetary loses. Will we do it? When someone can make a good amount of money from it!

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida

I'm still trying to figure out why everybody's (the doomsdayers anyway) ignoring the obvious? The calendar in question is designed like an analog clock or watch; it doesn't END. They don't END at 12; they just start into the next cycle.

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
if it does end can any surviours from here head towards basingstoke or what's left of it so we can start again . there planning done lets face it we can hardly pack for a Tsunami or the like lol

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Are we still here???

Is it over?

There's only one way to tell;

Has the DFS website crashed or is it still up?

Liam

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
I must say I'm disappointed that not one News Channel I've seen has mentioned the Lockerbie tragedy because of all the hoo ha over the end of the wurld nonsense.

24 years ago today at 1900hrs - I drove through Lockerbie on the way home for Christmas a mere ten minutes before the wreckage hit the town. Lucky me.

Liam

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE