Oil and gas - it's not running out!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
The problem with the world today is that it is divided. In order to solve the worlds problems we need to be united. We need one government to manage the whole thing.

Andy, seeing as though you bring conspiracies into it.... if there is a New world order/world government plan in the making... GOOD, lets help to make it happen. Their job as i see it would be efficient resource management. It will happen. I reckon all these middle east wars are steps towards it.

Think about it. If there was a one world government, then we could much more effectively sort out the energy issues. Lots of hot and sunny sparsely populated deserts to use to obtain all the solar energy the world would ever need. Everything then could run on electricity, who needs gas and oil then?

The issue is'nt the generation when it comes to solar farms, its more an issue of storage! There would be issues with having the necessary energy at the necessary time, the storage cells that we have at the moment are VERY inefficient especially when taking into account any spike in demand!

This is one of the reasons we use places like the Llanberis hydro installation, it makes a net loss in energy but it allows for peaks in demand suring up the grid at times of high demand.

Dave

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
It wouldn't be a quick soloution. But they could convert the processing plants to use hydro electricity generators so they are self sustaining and all the vehicles could run off the fuel produced by the biomass.

It'd be a slowish change, but could be done :)

That's just it though. Any change (for vehicles anyway) has to be sudden. Nobody's going to buy a car using a different fuel unless there are refueling stations on every corner. And nobody's going to build (or convert) those refueling stations unless there are multitudes of cars lining up to be refueled.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I think about this every weekend. This sunday I washed the car using rainwater and a watering can, mowed the lawn and worked in the garden using a push mower and hand tools, ate breakfast, lunch and dinner outside listening to the birds and didn't use an electric light until after 10pm. My neighbours were almost exclusively indoors all day watching tv with the lights on, using pressure washers to clean the car, petrol or electric mowers to cut their tiny lawns (those who even bother having vegitation in the garden at all.......

Even push mowers have gasoline engines. And the "Zero vegetation" yards are supposed to be for water conservation. To be honest, planting grass and ornamental vegetation has done more to deplete water sources than any other form of consumption. Particularly as no one ever plants native vegetation; those are called "weeds."

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
The problem with the world today is that it is divided. In order to solve the worlds problems we need to be united. We need one government to manage the whole thing..."

HillBill I live in a country in which until quite recently everything was ordered and managed from on high, it had its plus points but it had a number of downsides too, things didn't get done, if they were done they weren't done particularly well and of course anyone daft enough to suggest that things might be done differently or that perhaps the local party chairmans nephew was perhaps not the best choice for leading the (insert project here) was in recent times, blacklisted so that he and his family would never progress within their chosen careers and that their children would be refused a position at university.

And this was Hungary where things were fairly relaxed in the sixties/seventies and eighties.

Of course in the years before then you and you family might be brought in for a 'chat' or 'resettled' elsewhere.

We don't need a 'world government' we need no government at least nothing larger than the needs of the immediate community require.

All large organisations/cultures/nation states are prone to collapse, the bigger they are, the messier the collapse.

Thats my tuppence worth anyways. :)

Last edited:

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
Even push mowers have gasoline engines. And the "Zero vegetation" yards are supposed to be for water conservation. To be honest, planting grass and ornamental vegetation has done more to deplete water sources than any other form of consumption. Particularly as no one ever plants native vegetation; those are called "weeds."

I should clarify. I'm talking about the kind of mower below. Zero vegitation might work in hot, dry countries but in Wales we have no shortage of rain. Zero vegitation increases surface water run-off and flooding in this climate. Modern housing regulations here actively discourage non-pourous surfaces so that new housing must have surface water run-off calculations to ensure as little rain water leaves the site as possible. Our place can store over 2000 litres of rainwater and we havent had to use tap water on the garden yet even in very dry periods. and if you like weeds you'd love my garden :rolleyes: we're working towards being as wildlife friendly as we can so the weeds are as welcome as the edible and ornamental plants.

qualcast-panther-30.jpg

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Thats just it though, the goventments aren't top heavy per se. Look at a pyramid, that is how the structure is built. At the bottom of the pyramid are the food producers, which support the next level of labourers who dont have to worry about provifding their own food so their efforts are expended elsewhere, providing, homes and things like that for the food growers and all the other levels. Above those are the skilled tradesmen and craftsmen, who provide all the other things that make life better for everyone, above those are the science types, who work to provide more knowledge and understanding to make the lives of the lower sections better and easier. Above that is government, which work to provide stability so that all below can function as they should. Once we reach the top of the pyramid and gain all the knowledge we need, then the pyramid is flipped upside down, in which the government are the bottom, supporting everything else above it. :)

Thats what this represents.
http://www.patriotart.us/_images/Corrections 12-28-09/gsrevpg3/gsrevclr.jpg

HillBill I live in a country which until quite recently everything was ordered and managed from on high, it had its plus points but it had a number of downsides too, things didn't get done, if they were done they weren't done particularly well and of course anyone daft enough to suggest that things might be done differently or that perhaps the local party chairmans nephew was perhaps not the best choice for leading the (insert project here) was in recent times, blacklisted so that he and his family would never progress within their chosen careers and that children would be refused a position at university.

And this was Hungary where things were fairly relaxed in the sixties/seventies and eighties.

Of course in the years before then you and you family might be brought in for a 'chat' or 'resettled' elsewhere.

We don't need a 'world government' we need no government at least nothing larger than the needs of the immediate community require.

All top heavy organisations/cultures/nation states are prone to collapse, the bigger they are, the messier the collapse.

Thats my tuppence worth anyways. :)

Last edited:

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I should clarify. I'm talking about the kind of mower below. Zero vegitation might work in hot, dry countries but in Wales we have no shortage of rain. Zero vegitation increases surface water run-off and flooding in this climate. Modern housing regulations here actively discourage non-pourous surfaces so that new housing must have surface water run-off calculations to ensure as little rain water leaves the site as possible.....

Building codes here (Florida) also restrict water run-off. But mainly for polution control. The regs actually require a holding "pond" be built on every new development to collect run-off. But that said, the expansion of housing developments and the accompanying lawns consumes the vast majority of water and is rapidly depleting the water table. Not as fast as developments in the desert southwest (Arizona, California, Nevada, New Mexico, etc.) but fast enough none-the-less.

Personally, I don't water my lawn at all (with fresh OR recycled water) but I'm in the minority.

It's hardly a dry climate here, but the soil structure sucks water down like a sponge so run-off is rarely a problem in rural areas.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
HillBIll et all, leave the government stuff alone will you, there's a vast difference between talking about gas and energy and government issues.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE