Ohh... I'm all bald....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
Yep, I'm a firm believer in a good leather strap/belt to keep up on my knife sharpening. I will strop a knife several times during heavy use to keep the edge at it's best and again as I clean the blade just prior to putting it away. Probably more work than necessary, but it works for me.

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
When I had to make my first knife (a Brusletto 'Jerven') in school, all the boys shaved off our hairs on the arms. :roll: First thing we did was to unpack and then shave the arm. :eek:): It took several weeks before those hairs grew out again. :lol: :biggthump

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Guys guys guys.

There is a strop that will do more than your average belt. It's called starkie and it is a revolution in knife sharpening.

Not only will it strop, but it will strop better than every leather belt in this world. Not only will it strop better than any belt in this world but it will leave you with a high polished edge.

Starkie :super:

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Jake Rollnick said:
Guys guys guys.

There is a strop that will do more than your average belt. It's called starkie and it is a revolution in knife sharpening.

Not only will it strop, but it will strop better than every leather belt in this world. Not only will it strop better than any belt in this world but it will leave you with a high polished edge.

Starkie :super:

Jake, can you explain to me why the starkie is better than any other piece of leather of a similar size? :?: :wink:

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
That wasn't advertising... that was recommendation.

Advertising is when you're telling someone that an item you yourself sell is very good and you should buy it... it's all about personal gain.

Hope that helps.

Joe

L

Little Mole

Surely it would have a lot to do with how the leather was treated and /or finished.

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Well you see Martyn, the starkie isn't just a piece of leather. Its a fine cut of animal skin accompanied by the mysterious Starkie Compound which makes all the difference. ;)

Wayne, you'll love it and don't worry, Axminster have started paying me commision as well :wink:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE