Bushcraft Volunteer In Kent Needed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
Hello all
The NHS Trust that I work for is running a bushcraft/woodcraft/outdoor skills course for some patients.
What we need is a volunteer to work alongside the course provider and staff.
You will NOT be instructing or teaching.
What you will be doing is supporting patients in activities - many will lack confidence and/or have learning difficulties. Your role will be to support patients primarily.
Please be aware that you will be volunteering with FORENSIC mental health patients, so you will need to be patient, caring and non-judgemental.
The course runs weekly, on Fridays, 10am-3pm, at a venue in Yalding, Kent until the end of June. So it's only a short term commitment.
Due to the nature of the patients we will need to take up two references, do an ID check and YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ALREADY HAVE A DBS CHECK DATED WITHIN THE LAST THREE MONTHS ALREADY (OR HAVE A TRANSFERABLE DBS). Normally, of course, we would do a DBS check, but due to the speedy nature we need someone it would be too late, so you need to have one done recently already.
You will not be on your own with patients, there will be a member of staff present as well.
If you would be interested in this then drop me PM with your name and email address and I can get them to send you an application pack.
If you have any questions then ask away...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE