Of stones and water...,a hike along a babbling brook

I went for a hike along a section of North Chickamauga Creek this evening to listen the water running over the rocks and falling into the pools. Gere are some of the pictures I took while I was there.

PICT0601.jpg

PICT0554.jpg

PICT0600.jpg

PICT0556.jpg

PICT0558.jpg

PICT0564.jpg

PICT0567.jpg

PICT0570.jpg

PICT0574.jpg

PICT0579.jpg

PICT0587.jpg

PICT0599.jpg

PICT0571.jpg

PICT0576.jpg

PICT0585.jpg

The grey sky above just before sundown
PICT0592.jpg

On the way up the bank I found a good sized millipede
PICT0604.jpg

PICT0607.jpg

BOD

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Here I am working on a presentation on Internet and Gaming Addiction in young and not so young people.

Looking at Chickamauga Creek is escapism of a sort on my part. But at least I know I'm after the real thing unlike these other people.

Tomorrow the lapdog will be powerless and am going back into the bush!

That's a great looking place there. Must Google Earth it!

Thank you, I am glad you enjoyed the escape...lol, that's what I go there for too. One day I am going to take a tri-pod and make a video to have for days when I can't go. If you want to look it up I have it landmarked at.....

35 dg 14 ' 20 N

085 dg 14 ' 06 W

I intend to do some geocaching there soon

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Reminds me of a time a few years back - there was (still is, in fact) a small stream that runs along the edge of some nearby hills. I'd crossed it a million times, played in it when younger, trapped sticklebacks in it. All sorts.
But I never knew where it came from or where it went. So, I had a week off work and one day went out, armed with an OS map, determined to follow that stream and to see where it flowed.
To be honest, it was nowhere near as picturesque and dramatic as Mistwalker's creek, but still great fun to explore and allowed a moment's 'Heart of Darkness' adventure and escapism.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Great pictures. I just love groups of boulders. Sad I know! Thanks for sharing them. Look like a very peaceful place.:)

Thanks all,glad you enjoyed the pics. I too love groups of boulders, and following streams...whatever kind of stream, to see where it comes from and where all it goes. This one starts on the top of the mountain where a few smaller ones converge in a series of forks and I know where it ends...in the Tennessee River but it would be a very long and winding walk all the way across hamilto county to follow it.

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
Mistwalker those boulders look as if a giant has thrown a handful of stones down that valley. Beautiful photos again mate. Thanks.

Yes, it's an amazing sight when it is actualy flooded. We had a great flood here back in the 80's which reshaped all of the streams coming down from the mountains. It also caused a lot of bridges to be rebuilt as there were boulders the size of small houses coming down the mountainside and rolling down the streams pushed along by massive amounts of water.

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Cheers for putting these up for us all to be envious of! :D Lovely stuff. I personally love rivers, streams, burns - call them what you will. There is something elemental about them. Just sitting by them on preferably sitting on one of the larger rocks and doing nothing, not even thinking is simply heaven.

Nag.

Glad you like the photos, I feel the same way. I love to just sit on a high rock overlooking the water and think of nothing else other than what I hear and what I see. About two miles further up stream there is a much lager boulder than any in these piccs that we dive off of into a large pool, and a nice waterfall about a mile above that, but I didn't have time to go that far..., maybe I'll get a chance soon and do a part two...hopefully we can get some snow later in the winter.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE