Odins Possibles Pouch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Playing around with embossing leather i made this pouch for myself using my favourite symbol the Valknut, symbol of Odin.

3-4mm veg tan leather with 1mm chrome tan sides. thick waxed linen thread and used eco-flo all in one moca dye & finish which i think has worked a treat. 2 brass sam brown studs. belt loop allows for multicarry.

holds my altoids surival tin snuggly with room tae spare in the bottom which i shall fill with jute twine and maybe some birch bark

imag0502y.jpg

By wanderingpict at 2012-01-26

imag0503.jpg

imag0506k.jpg

imag0504f.jpg

imag0507q.jpg

things i shall dae differently next time would be tae sew on the belt loop as im sewing the sides up as i sewed it on afterwards there is a build-up of thread where it is sewed over the top of previous stitches which is quite ugly.

i also waited until the end tae dye the side parts inside which was a little tricky but nae real problem.

shall be making more like this as i enjoy these wee pouches and they make great gifts.

Thanks for looking

Hamish

FelixAvery

Oct 17, 2011
Scotland
nice one hamish thats a braw bit of kit, what type of leather did you use? I think i will make a couple of theese before i leave on my next adventure, they would be snapped up quickly by the rainbow family and other travellers of india and i can prolong my travels a bit! great inspiration cheers for sharing! maybe the next one you make you could do a tutorial for the folks on here?

felix

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
i used a single strip of between 3-4mm veg tan leather for the main part. the belt loop is 2-3 mm veg tan leather. and the sides are thin 1mm chrome tan. its a very simple contruction and easy tae make. the sides are simply elongated semicircles and because i used thinner leather it seems tae fit snugly when sewn really tight nae need for much tinkering around. i have limited tools so i try not tae complicate things. there is nae wet moulding. i just pull it tighter as i sew round the edges and push/work the leather intae its shape by simply pulling my stitches are tightly as possible.

when i get around tae making more ill dae a wee tutorial. tis my favourite way tae make pouches for the simplicity.

Magentus

Settler
Oct 1, 2008
West Midlands
Fantastic pouch. Good work.

The more I look at the symbol, the worse my eyes get! What's the meaning behind it beings Odin's symbol? Beautifully simple but complex.

Magentus

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE