Nut job alert

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
[video=youtube;dyXFE_biEwc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyXFE_biEwc&feature=re lated[/video]

How this man has all his fingers and is not living via the aid of life support machine boggles my mind.

Look at this video as an example of Just because you can do it that way doesn't mean you should.

Do like his hat though.

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
Superb!!... I see the suicide rate amongst Canadian Health and Safety Advisors has increased lately...You don't think...? No surely not..

sapper1

Feb 3, 2008
swansea
That's a very tight joint,I don't think it needed a "tack" to strengthen the joint though.

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
i'd be disappointed with those dovetails properly messy. do it properly with a pull saw and they look lovely

Jan 19, 2012
London
That doesn't look any more dangerous than using a bandsaw, what's the difference?
He probably has all his fingers because he knows what he's doing and has enough control not to put them in the line of fire.

I think its a bit harsh to criticize someone else's techniques because you aren't careful enough to replicate them without disemboweling yourself!

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
That doesn't look any more dangerous than using a bandsaw, what's the difference?
He probably has all his fingers because he knows what he's doing and has enough control not to put them in the line of fire.

I think its a bit harsh to criticize someone else's techniques because you aren't careful enough to replicate them without disemboweling yourself!

excellent! maybe have a look at some of biker's woodwork before you make assumptions about his lack of skill?

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I think those vids were made with more than a little tongue in cheek. :)

He nearly cracks up laughing at the end of the second video.

Jan 19, 2012
London
I didn't comment on the quality of his woodwork matey, sorry if I didn't make myself clear. All I was saying is that the canadian man is obviously very skillful himself (hence the presence of all his fingers at his age), and that biker shouldn't be quite so quick to judge his safety precautions.

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
I didn't comment on the quality of his woodwork matey......

neither did i, i commented on his level of skill/technique, just like you did

......biker shouldn't be quite so quick to judge his safety precautions.

he didn't judge, he simply said that it boggled his mind.

we appear to have got off on a bit of a bad footing here trent, for which i can only apologise. biker's a very well known and respected member of our little community here, and one of the more skilled amongst us. having seen the quality of work that he produces, and knowing a little of his background, i personally believe what he has to say on workshop safety. if he's surprised that this bloke's still got all his fingers than so am i.

it takes a little while to settle in here and get to know people, once you do you'll pick up on the subtleties of meaning in certain posts. for example, most of us realise that biker's just having a bit of a laugh with this, and that he wasn't criticising anyone in any kind of harsh way, more just a little gentle ribbing:)

sorry again to have come across so abrasively.

welcome to the forums trent, you'll like it here, we're ever such a friendly bunch (apart from me obviously:))

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
What are you worried about... he wears PPE when necessary :rolleyes::rofl:

[video=youtube;P4qB6n1cm04]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4qB6n1cm04[/video]

Jan 19, 2012
London
Fair enough, I understand your point of view.

Maybe I misinterpreted biker's post. Having said that, I'm not sure I would appreciate someone who I don't know implying that I am inbred, in jest or not.

This forum is fantastic, I agree wholeheartedly, I've been lurking for a while. I def. don't want to start of here on a bad note, and am sure that you lot are a great bunch! :You_Rock_

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE