now THIS is a day pack !!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

whitey3192

Forager
Oct 23, 2010
North yorkshire
thats alot of wonga for a 25 litre pack!
granted the bottom folds out and you then get 50 litres but. . . . . it looks crap!

for the money i personally would get meself a british army issue N.I. patrol pack

Last edited:

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
It looks like a cheap promotion item. The one in the OP. Nothing used by special forces, just made for an competition for military units. You can probably find something similar at outfits selling profile clothing and promotional products for companys, sports teams and the like.

Looks awful by the way.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I'll stick with mine I think.
Mountain_Pack-2.jpg

Dec 15, 2008
Santa Fe NM
I'll stick with mine I think.
Mountain_Pack-2.jpg

I picked up half a dozen of these exact packs a few years ago for ten dollars a pop at an outdoor store here in the States. I've got too many packs to list, but these are the ones that always seem to find their way along with me. They're tough enough for most jobs, and cheap enough that I don't care if they get abused. Fantastic little packs.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Ugh, please don't fall for it!:nono:

it looks like something you could get for £5 from a supermarket!:yikes:

please take a look at Karrimor, burghaus, snugpak, what ever, not that piece of tat!

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I've tried plastic examples from all those manufacturers over the years, The best was my Cyclops Roc which was made for the Falklands conflict out of cotton canvas.

Notably, the only part of it that is starting to look a bit worn these days is the nylon and elastic snow skirt on the lid. The rest of it looks like it will last another 25 years.

Mountain_Pack-5.jpg

As far as day packs go, this is the best I've tried yet. Far superior to the next best one I tried which was made by Karrimor over 30 years ago.

So don't talk to me about Tat.

Tat is the type of fashion bag that the plastic manufacturers turn out each year, different to the last year just for people that have to have the latest thing. They are designed for the retailers not the customers.

Good gear evolves slowly, based upon real improvements and not just this seasons fashionable colours.

It's noticeable that this bag is still in use by the German army after a great many years. The only modifications they have made is to move from leather strapping and metal buckles to cotton webbing with nylon buckles.

If it isn't broken, why fix it?

Aristotle

Forager
Jan 13, 2010
NW England
Now THIS is a day pack:

Made for the some of the world's toughest, hard-as-nails, manly, gnarly, fighters.
AW10208-0829TPS741216.jpg

AW10208-0829TPS741207.jpg

Give me 50 quid and I'll get you one.

By comparison, here's a Tesco school rucksack:
!Bb0d0Qg!Wk~$(KGrHqEH-DkEquCE,Pc1BK)1l-7zoQ~~_3.JPG

Or have I got confused?

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE