NOW SORTED THANKS .22 blank firing revolver

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Hopefully he's been booted from the police as well!

He isn't in the Police, never has been (I also shoot with someone who has an 8+1 870 12g pump shotgun). Also, it isn't a game gun, it is a Practical shotgun for competition, he doesn't shoot clays or wildlife with it, won't be turning up to a game or clay shoot near you as it were. Admittedly he is a tw*t anyway but beside that we don't train with less lethal weapons, we don't pick up firearms that aren't ours, we always treat them as loaded and lethal regardless of what is written on them and we can all identify a real 870 from a toy. The joke, as pointed out by boatman, is that painting it orange obviously makes it 'less lethal'! :rolleyes: He is ridiculing the ridiculousness of the Politically Correct (Totalitarian Collectivist) gun grabbers pushed legislation.

The point is that most armed response officers aren't going to not open fire because a gun is yellow or pink with blue spots. If you are going to argue that it would cause an ARO to pause then every armed bank robber and crook should be buying yellow paint!

Now as far as buying or giving the old style blank firers to people, this is, as far as I am aware, perfectly legal which is why they are on gunstar and gunmart.

http://www.gunstar.co.uk/sussex-armoury-not-sure-22-starter-guns-for-sale-in-kent/Other-guns/509826

And if someone was coming after me with one of the following then I wouldn't assume it was only firing blanks regardless of colour!:

http://www.gunstar.co.uk/bruni-beretta-px4-8mm-starter-guns-for-sale-in-devon/Other-guns/507160

I wonder if the media will report that a gun was brightly coloured when someone gets shot with one having been threatening with it!

As far as I am concerned if you are waving a weapon at someone in a threatening manner, regardless of colour, it is making yourself a target.

Now it is approaching the stage where you can print your own metal gun then, printing your own blank firer in Tiger strips if you want will be easy. :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7ZYKMBDm4M

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
He isn't in the Police, never has been (I also shoot with someone who has an 8+1 870 12g pump shotgun). Also, it isn't a game gun, it is a Practical shotgun for competition, he doesn't shoot clays or wildlife with it, won't be turning up to a game or clay shoot near you as it were. Admittedly he is a tw*t anyway but beside that we don't train with less lethal weapons, we don't pick up firearms that aren't ours, we always treat them as loaded and lethal regardless of what is written on them and we can all identify a real 870 from a toy. The joke, as pointed out by boatman, is that painting it orange obviously makes it 'less lethal'! :rolleyes: He is ridiculing the ridiculousness of the Politically Correct (Totalitarian Collectivist) gun grabbers pushed legislation.

The point is that most armed response officers aren't going to not open fire because a gun is yellow or pink with blue spots. If you are going to argue that it would cause an ARO to pause then every armed bank robber and crook should be buying yellow paint!

Now as far as buying or giving the old style blank firers to people, this is, as far as I ma aware, perfectly legal which is why they are all over gunstar and gunmart.

http://www.gunstar.co.uk/sussex-armoury-not-sure-22-starter-guns-for-sale-in-kent/Other-guns/509826

And if someone was coming after me with one of these then I wouldn't assume it was only firing blanks regardless of colour!:

http://www.gunstar.co.uk/bruni-beretta-px4-8mm-starter-guns-for-sale-in-devon/Other-guns/507160

I wonder if the media will report that a gun was brightly coloured when someone gets shot with one having been threatening with it!

As far as I am concerned if you are waving a weapon at someone in a threatening manner, regardless of colour, it is making yourself a target.

Sorry I wasn't having a go at you :eek: Was just saying that our old shoot captain would have had a hairy fit at that, then again he took a lot of persuasion to even allow semi-auto or pumps onto clay days! you were only allowed two shells in for safety reasons. I never thought you'd be lax!

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Sorry I wasn't having a go at you :eek: Was just saying that our old shoot captain would have had a hairy fit at that, then again he took a lot of persuasion to even allow semi-auto or pumps onto clay days! you were only allowed two shells in for safety reasons. I never thought you'd be lax!

You should see the hilarity produced when I turn up to a clay shoot around here and load 15 rounds, particularly when I empty the gun and only hit one of the two clays launched in the flush. I have actually had farmers hand me a box of their own ammo and tell me to keep going! :D So much fun which is why the fun sponges want to ban them. :(

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
You should see the hilarity produced when I turn up to a clay shoot around here and load 15 rounds, particularly when I empty the gun and only hit one of the two clays launched in the flush. I have actually had farmers hand me a box of their own ammo and tell me to keep going! :D So much fun which is why the fun sponges want to ban them. :(

I used to have a mate who was more likely to scare them to death rather than hit anything. But on clays missing and being wound up is half the fun.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
I used to have a mate who was more likely to scare them to death rather than hit anything. But on clays missing and being wound up is half the fun.

I don't like my targets moving about when I'm shooting them. "Stand still while I shoot you dang nabbit!"

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia

Well said - mine only takes 12 though :lmao:

I've never bought into the "safety" argument of a section 1 gun - they only shoot once when you pull the trigger the same as every other shotgun. Any gun is a risk if you do not concern yourself over targets, backstops, sweeping and muzzle angles. I very much doubt whether having a third, fourth or fifth shot will make any difference - one negligent discharge is all it takes. I suspect snobbery is the reason double barrels are preferred - a breech flag or other device can be used to show safe with a semi or pump.

Lets face it, it wasn't that long ago that over and unders were considered an oiks gun - and a gentleman would only use an English side by side (and a pair of side locks or hammer guns at that). Personally I take a dim view of that kind of snobbery - it does shooting no favours at all.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
He isn't in the Police, never has been (I also shoot with someone who has an 8+1 870 12g pump shotgun). Also, it isn't a game gun, it is a Practical shotgun for competition, he doesn't shoot clays or wildlife with it, won't be turning up to a game or clay shoot near you as it were. Admittedly he is a tw*t anyway but beside that we don't train with less lethal weapons, we don't pick up firearms that aren't ours, we always treat them as loaded and lethal regardless of what is written on them and we can all identify a real 870 from a toy......

The police model is neither a "training weapon" nor a toy. It's a true "less lethal" weapon used for crowd control. As I stated it's a normal, full functioning 12 gauge. The "less lethal" munitions such as rubber shot or beanbag rounds are used to stun or incapacitate a rioter without killing.

If the user posted about painted the markings on himself (as you suggest he did) in protest of toy gun laws, that's still not a good idea.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
The police model is neither a "training weapon" nor a toy. It's a true "less lethal" weapon used for crowd control. As I stated it's a normal, full functioning 12 gauge. The "less lethal" munitions such as rubber shot or beanbag rounds are used to stun or incapacitate a rioter without killing.

If the user posted about painted the markings on himself (as you suggest he did) in protest of toy gun laws, that's still not a good idea.

I believe it was this that the guy had fitted to his 870.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/58...e-synthetic-orange-with-less-lethal-lettering

Of course I don't believe it is mandatory for airsoft toys to be bright colours in the US so his point would not be so humorous but in the limited sport of Practical Shot Gun in the UK it was quite funny and a relevant statement about the gun control regulations we have. Our 'second ammendment' is somewhat more infringed it seems!

Our Police Service don't use shotguns, lethal or otherwise, on the public if they are having a protest so we don't worry so much about someone taking the urine. Our cops are still usually unarmed and generally like it that way. Half the time when they are armed they end up shooting themselves, someone innocent or someone who isn't really an imminent threat so say the newspapers and internal reports I hear about.

Kind of going to be a little pedantic here but writing 'less lethal' down the side of a fully functioning 870 doesn't actually make it less lethal! As you say, it is the ammo it is loaded with that makes it 'less lethal'. It is just as easy to load a 'less lethal' gun with lethal ammo as it is to load a 'normal' gun with less lethal ammo. I find it disturbing and dangerous that there has to be lettering on a shotgun to describe how likely it is to kill someone, as 'less' doesn't equal 'non'. We use baton rounds for riots, not shotguns. They are 'less lethal' but there can be no mistakes or irresponsible behaviour that would result in the wrong gun or ammo being selected.

I suspect part of the reason why 'less lethal' 870s are used is because they can be used to go 'lethal' very easily!

With my training and the training I give to others, all firearms are considered lethal (We don't train with inert 'training' guns) and are always treated as if loaded. Anyone who doesn't do this around me gets a swift kick up the rear and their ear drums bleed!

Last edited:

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
.....I suspect part of the reason why 'less lethal' 870s are used is because they can be used to go 'lethal' very easily!.....

Nope. There'd never be a need . Every police cruiser has at least one (if not two) normal shotguns with normal munitions. Usually also a fully functioning AR type rifle. And that's in addition to the issue handguns and personal back-up handguns carried by each officer. Using lethal munitions in a "Less Lethal" weapon would result in immediate dismissal and possible criminal charges.

The "Less Lethal" weapons (firearms) are reserved for officers with additional, specific training.

Last edited:

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
.....Our Police Service don't use shotguns, lethal or otherwise, on the public if they are having a protest so we don't worry so much about someone taking the urine.....

Neither do we. Not for a protest at any rate. But when they turn riotous (violent) it's another story.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
.....Kind of going to be a little pedantic here but writing 'less lethal' down the side of a fully functioning 870 doesn't actually make it less lethal! As you say, it is the ammo it is loaded with that makes it 'less lethal'.....

We're in full agreement here. That's why it's so important that these weapons are NEVER! NEVER! NEVER under ANY circumstances, loaded with normal munitions.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
.....Of course I don't believe it is mandatory for airsoft toys to be bright colours in the US.....

I'm not sure if it's a requirement here myself. But it's a moot point as all toy guns now have said bright orange tip here as well. Whether it a legal requirement or simply fear on the part of the manufacturers of being sued is unknown.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
......Of course I don't believe it is mandatory for airsoft toys to be bright colours in the US so his point would not be so humorous but in the limited sport of Practical Shot Gun in the UK it was quite funny and a relevant statement about the gun control regulations we have. Our 'second ammendment' is somewhat more infringed it seems!......

His point is relevant perhaps, and I do see the intended humor. In fact I agree with his point wholeheartedly if indeed, it was what you present it to be. But nonetheless, it was a foolish thing to do that at the very least presents a message that the general public's likely to be perceive quite differently than he intended.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
His point is relevant perhaps, and I do see the intended humor. In fact I agree with his point wholeheartedly if indeed, it was what you present it to be. But nonetheless, it was a foolish thing to do that at the very least presents a message that the general public's likely to be perceive quite differently than he intended.

I've never seen the public at a Practical Shotgun Match. We in the UK don't use less lethal weapons and frankly that's cheap as a synthetic replacement for a wooden set of furniture.

OMG something relating to firearms we still have freedom of choice on!

Believe me we take gun ownership very seriously in the UK.

Game laws prevent the use of a shotgun with a capacity of more than 2 rounds and you are seriously sneered at for shooting a semi at a clay club in any event. Which is why it's fun to shoot one and satisfying to beat those looking down their nose at you with one. However nobody turns up at a serious clay shoot with a high cap shotgun with or without "less lethal" stencilled down the side. Promise.

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I am the unofficial "armourer" for our Am Dram group.
Luckily we have old "black" blank-firers, plus a Colt 1911 blank firer, a plastic H&K MP5 A3 and plastic wartime MP40.
The latter I got for a production of "Allo, Allo" and as it came in Orange I painted it up for realism.
I think that paint is your friend for your needs - get an orange one and a pot of Humbrol semi gloss black and a brush :)
As the gun will be for stage use only you should not have any legal issues - if in doubt about transporting it simply paint it and store it in your theatre!
I have a huge range of theatrical prop weapons from broomstick and plywood halberds, plastic swords etc through to the blank firers and store them at home with never a whiff of trouble from the police :)

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Nope. There'd never be a need . Every police cruiser has at least one (if not two) normal shotguns with normal munitions. Usually also a fully functioning AR type rifle. And that's in addition to the issue handguns and personal back-up handguns carried by each officer. Using lethal munitions in a "Less Lethal" weapon would result in immediate dismissal and possible criminal charges.

The "Less Lethal" weapons (firearms) are reserved for officers with additional, specific training.

You aren't thinking ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE, ALIEN INVASION, END OF THE WORLD!!!!:borgsmile:yikes::evilangel::1244::BlueTeamE .................. :aargh4:

Last edited:

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
I am the unofficial "armourer" for our Am Dram group.
Luckily we have old "black" blank-firers, plus a Colt 1911 blank firer, a plastic H&K MP5 A3 and plastic wartime MP40.
The latter I got for a production of "Allo, Allo" and as it came in Orange I painted it up for realism.
I think that paint is your friend for your needs - get an orange one and a pot of Humbrol semi gloss black and a brush :)
As the gun will be for stage use only you should not have any legal issues - if in doubt about transporting it simply paint it and store it in your theatre!
I have a huge range of theatrical prop weapons from broomstick and plywood halberds, plastic swords etc through to the blank firers and store them at home with never a whiff of trouble from the police :)

I hope you keep those broomsticks well maintained John. As far as the Police are concerned, do they check on you regularly?

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I've never seen the public at a Practical Shotgun Match. We in the UK don't use less lethal weapons and frankly that's cheap as a synthetic replacement for a wooden set of furniture....

Give it time and somebody will "leak" a photo to the press though. And if your press is anything like ours, they'll pick it up with a fierce anti-gun bias.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE