NOW SORTED THANKS .22 blank firing revolver

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Easy enough to buy a device that fires a 12 bore blank (which will be orders of magnitude louder than a .22) - look for "alarm mines" on google. Blanks are still pretty common, its just blank firing hand guns that the PC brigade object to.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
12 bore blanks!!
I remember those from when I used to work on Warcop army range many years ago.
Probably a little too loud for our purposes as we are, after all, indoors!!
The little old lady death toll could be considerable.
Cheers, Simon

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
You can get a .22 conversion for the henry krank trip alarms, or a good metal worker with a lathe might be able to make one for you... I had an adaptor made for a 9mm rimmed centre fire blank.

Is the gun part of the props needed for the play itself? or is it just the bang you need?

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
Just noticed on another post that you're in Kendal. I'm near Lancaster. I'd be happy to loan you SWMBO'S blank firer if that wouldn't break any firearms regs.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
The gun is a prop as well as the bang- causing instrument.
The piece calls for a revolver. I have experienced the off-stage sound effects for on-stage shots fired & almost impossible to escape calamity IMHO.
Bowlander, thanks for your generous offer which I will take up if we draw a blank (geddit?) on current possibles.

Id rather not borrow one if possible as I would be responsible for it even though not in my care the whole time.
Just me being paranoid I'm sure.
Cheers, Simon

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
No, but as I understand the law you need to be a re-enactor, museum person.or a theatrical person to have a blank gun that looks like a gun. Glad that proper villains are incapable of painting their real firearms orange.

I shoot with an armed response officer, if you point what looks like a gun regardless of it being black, silver, yellow, orange or dayglo pink he'll open fire for that very reason! He'll probably miss but he'll at least shoot in your general direction! lol I also shoot with someone who has an 8+1 870 12g pump shotgun with bright orange plastic furniture and 'less lethal' printed in large lettering down the side, warped sense of humour!

You could use a cheaper dayglo blank gun and black/silver tape the orange/yellow/pink bits for the show, theatrical license and all that. Ouch, tape the pink bits, on second thoughts maybe not! I don't think there is any problem buying second hand old style non-glow in the dark blank firing revolvers off gunstar or gunmart.

Last edited:

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
Don't know if this has been said but cap guns can be made better, I used to do it as a kid. Just take the bang powder out of a couple of caps and load into a single one. Bigger bang but still safe although maybe that's why I have Tinnitus now??:lmao:

I remember modding one of those plastic rockets with the metal tip, you were supposed to put one plastic cap on the rod, not fill up the whole metal nose cone with 'em!! Never did find that nose cone:rolleyes::lmao:

Steve

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
.......I also shoot with someone who has an 8+1 870 12g pump shotgun with bright orange plastic furniture and 'less lethal' printed in large lettering down the side, warped sense of humour!.....

It's not a joke. That shotgun is designed that way for police use with soft shot (i.e. rubber shot or similar loads) for less than lethal applications. It's an ordinary shotgun as you've moticed already; but the color and markings are to avoid confusion and picking up the wrong weapon in a stressful situation.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
It's not a joke. That shotgun is designed that way for police use with soft shot (i.e. rubber shot or similar loads) for less than lethal applications. It's an ordinary shotgun as you've moticed already; but the color and markings are to avoid confusion and picking up the wrong weapon in a stressful situation.

It may not be a joke regarding its original application but it is certainly a joke in his hands, it has only ever had 'lethal' rounds put through it! ;) He is well and truly taking the urine.

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
It may not be a joke regarding its original application but it is certainly a joke in his hands, it has only ever had 'lethal' rounds put through it! ;) He is well and truly taking the urine.

Another nail in the coffin of my respect for armed police!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland

Must admit I find that a wee bit irresponsible, having a weapon that's identified as less than lethal and loading it with lethal rounds. He's have been kicked off our old shoot. It's funny but not very safe.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Must admit I find that a wee bit irresponsible, having a weapon that's identified as less than lethal and loading it with lethal rounds. He's have been kicked off our old shoot. It's funny but not very safe.

Hopefully he's been booted from the police as well!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE