NOW SORTED THANKS .22 blank firing revolver

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
.....Game laws prevent the use of a shotgun with a capacity of more than 2 rounds and you are seriously sneered at for shooting a semi at a clay club in any event. Which is why it's fun to shoot one and satisfying to beat those looking down their nose at you with one. However nobody turns up at a serious clay shoot with a high cap shotgun with or without "less lethal" stencilled down the side. Promise.

Capacity here depends on exactly what game your hunting. Upland game hunting is limited to no more than 3 round capacity.

As for clay shooting, what's in fashion changes from time to time. For a while it was fashionable for everyone to shoot double barrels but then a few years ago it shifted back to semi-autos. I've no idea what the current trend is TBH. That said, it's difficult to imagine using the terms "serious" and "clay shoot" in the same sentence. Clay shooting is an awful lot of fun; but hardly serious sport unless you have a big enough budget to train for Olympic level competition. To be perfectly honest, I can't really afford to do proper quail hunting here in the south anymore. It's upwards of $300 per gun per day on a managed quail plantation (and the wild bobwhite population has all but disappeared)

Last edited:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Back to the original topic. How would you go about posting a starter pistol?

Guns for sporting use
Guns intended for sporting purposes - including Section 1 (e.g. hunting rifles) and Section 2 (e.g. shotguns) firearms, low-powered air weapons and their component parts - may be sent in compliance with UK law and subject to domestic controls on the possession of firearms. Antiques, deactivated and imitation firearms are also permitted. When sending deactivated firearms include proof of deactivation.
Items that appear to be prohibited weapons may be subject to additional checks and delays. Please see www.royalmail.com/prohibitedgoods

Use 1st Class as the minimum service. The sender’s name and address must be clearly visible on the outer packaging

HTH

Red .

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
SORTED now thanks guys.
Cheers Badger in particular.Never seen a more secure package in my life mate!!
Made quite an entertaining & educational thread in the end I thought.
Thanks,
Simon

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
I'm glad it worked out Simon. Better safe than sorry :)

I had it a long long time, the grip broke in about 1990! I always thought you needed a licence for it until this thread; it's been in the loft ever since.
sent by weird means

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE