Novacraft SP3 canoe for sale 16 foot

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
If you want to begin canoeing, this is the one to get!

Will hold its value as well, if you decide to flog it.

Like money in the bank....but more fun. :)

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Right then, it's time that this was sold;)

It's now reached what I'd call "it's right price", in other words the price I'd expect to pay for a second hand SP3 in good condition.

Thing is; I could buy this boat today, paddle it for two or three years and barring serious damage or excessive wear and tear, I could sell it for the same money at the end of that time. That's why I never buy new canoes these days. Open Canadian canoes are one of the few items where If you buy quality second hand and don't abuse them, you can sell them on without losing money.

The SP3 from Nova Craft is quite simply the very best polythene Canadian canoe you can buy-anywhere. Forget Old Town, Clearwater, Coleman, Mackinaw, Riber, Hou, Venture, Mad River etc, the SP3 trumps them all, in quality of build, fittings, looks and straight forward "paddleability".

The SP3, like all polythene boats, is heavy but it's also bomb proof. It's extremely well fitted out, far better quality than it's nearest rivals, which are the Mad River Explorer TT and the Venture Prospector and it's traditional looks are a pleasure to behold.

The SP3 (admittedly along with the Explorer and Venture prospector) is a boat that will not only suit beginners but will also be equally good to paddle for improvers and seasoned paddlers alike. As your skills and confidence develop, the boat is capable of tackling anything you can throw at it, from canals, lakes and lochs, to moving water, white water and big open water too.

I owned one for a year and a half and it's easily the best all round open canoe I've paddled and this includes super lightweight carbon kevlar offerings etc. I got rid of it because I simply couldn't manage the weight off the water, (because of my spinal injury issues) and I've regretted the sale ever since:rolleyes:

My mate bought one however and I've taken every opportunity to paddle his boat in preference to my own, twice the price plus, light weight boat ever since.

This is my mates boat on big open water;

And this is me paddling his boat;

And me paddling my own SP3:

[video=youtube;jTx9Yjh4fTg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTx9Yjh4fTg[/video]

I love these boats, I speak from hard earned experience and actual ownership and they're unbeatable in their class. Absolutely ideal for beginners as they can take the heavy knocks and bangs but paddle as well as boats of twice and even the three times the cost. Once you've learned to paddle, you can either "upgrade" to a lighter model or else just keep paddling the "tank", they paddle better than quite a few high priced boats anyway!.

Anyone looking for a polythene boat would do well to snap this up.

Hope this helps

very best wishes

Steve

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Wish I had the money, would love to get into canoeing....

Sent from somewhere?

You can always pop along to a local club and at least initially, just join as a "day member". This should cost you no more than around £5-£6 a go and for that you get a boat, paddle, BA and whatever other safety kit you need for a few hours paddling and basic instruction.

If you specify an open boat, rather than a kayak, you'll be able to try a few different models while also picking up the relevant skills, as well as potentially perhaps picking up an older boat at a bargain price.;)

After a few sessions, you can either join as a full member or else try a different club.

The only big drawback with clubs, (apart from the "cliques":rolleyes:) is the fact that the majority of them are heavily biased towards kayaks.

Give it a go, it won't cost much and if nothing else, you can find out whether paddling is for you or not.

Best wishes

Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE