Nothing to do with bushcraft, But

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Carcajou Garou

On a new journey
Jun 7, 2004
Canada
I brought in my motorcycle in for winter lube and storage, it is a beeaauutifullly sad day. Crisp air, warm sun, open road but had to do it, one of these days winter will let loose (I hope). Got to go in the bush and find a tree to talk to. :(

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
yeah, once! :rolleyes:

Carcajou Garou, I feel your pain bro! I hear the cedar are a good listening and very understanding tree. ;) If you don't got one of them, birch are a bit snippy, but ya can't have everything, eh? :D

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
Ha! I have just got mine going again after a month and a half lay off! Oil hose split on my Ducati and had to order a replacement and it took that long. Bloody Italian trash... still, it's still warm and dryish so wahey! Last week it was even too hot to ride in my winter gloves. In London. In the end of October....!
Must go and spray some more hairspray in the air outside...

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Since moving to our current home (four years ago :eek: ), mine has not seen the road at all. I've had many things to divert my attention away from it and many other drains on my financials so keep it that way. But one day it'll shake the planet again ;)

Ogri the trog

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
So, come on then: What bikes have you got?

Mine's a 93 Ducati Monster 900 that I've had for years and can't see getting rid of it. Usual loud pipes and open K&N filters and it gets used for my business regularily, when it isn't needing a spare part... Getting through the miles now, I've done about 38k now in the last few years and it's definitely NOT a garage queen, though nowadays I do actually wash it on occasions...

During the spring I shall be adding a Honda CRM250 or an XR400 to the collection for some dirty habits.

Carcajou Garou

On a new journey
Jun 7, 2004
Canada
I have a Harley-Davidson, Softail Heritage Classic. Put it away yesterday for the winter season, won't get it out till May? when the snow leaves :(

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I take it that you have drained the carbs and maybe even the tank to avoid varnish like deposits blocking the pilot jets come start up time?

Some people use a fuel stabiliser in the tank but as far as I know the carbs should still be drained.
Changing the oil before a layup also helps reduce the acidic results of combustion that gets into the oil from damaging the engine.

Sorry if this is teaching my granny to suck eggs by the way.

Regards Scott

Carcajou Garou

On a new journey
Jun 7, 2004
Canada
Well first is to wash and wax the paint, clean bike & chrome. Fill tank with gasoline & stabalizer for the same reason of varnish. Change engine oil, brake fluids etc.. Rust proof chrome parts, lower tire air pressure, store it in a shipping rack & dust cover it. WAIT!!!! till snow leaves sometimes in the spring May? Re-wash bike check oil & fluids & tire pressure add new parts :) Ride to live, live to ride

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
The amount of snow you seem to get, I would be thinking of a motocrosser and Trellborg tyres :)

Would be pretty entertaining.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE