Not quite Out & About but Doing Stuff

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
Yesterday (Friday) I got wet going down to the shed :censored: will this rain ever stop, cut up a couple of 'Hotties' for a Firebox stove oven bake
Log%20cut_zpso660eqmg.jpg~original

then went to Home Bargains and bought x4 stainless steel dishes @39p each and a cooling rack (to cut down) for 99p
05_zps0elhddo7.jpg~original

Back in the 80's when petrol was 70p a gallon I had a 2-1/4(petrol) Lightweight Army Landrover with a No.12 cooker and x2 Billy sets in the back and kept one when I sold the Landrover. I don't think I've used it since but dug it out of the shed with the idea of using it as an oven on the Firebox stove
02_zps0wpvenjn.jpg~original

Pan
03_zpsaoa3wstj.jpg~original

Frying lid
04_zps0ofgbyzy.jpg~original

Todays weather
01WF_zps4ribyvmd.jpg~original

Plan B I cut the rack and bent legs to fit
06_zpsit6w6roc.jpg~original

and put an oven thermometer in
07_zpscssjdloy.jpg~original

an 1/2 Bread tin will also fit
08_zpsjqwm3v0f.jpg~original

Set the Firebox up with the adjustable firegrate 1/2 way and lit the Tantonka stove
09_zpsd3lnlhlq.jpg~original

put the lid on and gave it 15 minutes - 175*F another 15 minutes 300*F took the adjustable fireplate out and put the stove on the bottom fireplate
10_zps3atl4e0i.jpg~original

and added x3 dishes of Chocolate Muffin mix (rack of eye flour, sugar, cacoco powder, water, sunflower oil and baking powder) didn't make enough for x4
12_zpsgftqlpdm.jpg~original

15 minutes later out of Meths re-fueled and back on, gave it another 15 minutes
13_zps1ddnyxy5.jpg~original

but tooth pick stick still came out wet so another 15 minutes Perfect
14_zpspsesmtjd.jpg~original

15_zpstrauwau5.jpg~original

Well I now know I can bake on the Firebox and the next dry day :cussing:I'll try out with Bread Outdoors using wood :)

Last edited:

mole trapper

Feb 2, 2007
cornwall
What a great post and excellent use of a pants weather day!
Really enjoyed thank you.
Now onto the bay to look for one of those boxes.

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
that metal box was made down here by the black country, s.j. & e. fellows was based in Wolverhampton and made cooking utensils amongst other stuff, founded in 1895 I believe the company is still going.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE