not for those that suffer with vertigo

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I'm the opposite. When i was younger i was petrified of heights, i joined the legion Para's in order to overcome it. It worked, after a fashion. Now i'm just wary of gravity and sudden stops. :D

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I want to throw something of the high tower. That must be fun.
Hubbys team used to enjoy weeing off the ones on urban towerblocks, probably the same kinda thing ;)

Opal and Trunks... he avoids heights now too. He'll do them if he has to but he's better over the stereoscopic vision height... is it 100ft or something... where you see 2D rather than lower where you get the 3D, I can't explain as I've not got you guys experience. I showed him the video and he laughed at the 'elevator to 1600ft' bit ;)

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Hubbys team used to enjoy weeing off the ones on urban towerblocks, probably the same kinda thing ;)

Opal and Trunks... he avoids heights now too. He'll do them if he has to but he's better over the stereoscopic vision height... is it 100ft or something... where you see 2D rather than lower where you get the 3D, I can't explain as I've not got you guys experience. I showed him the video and he laughed at the 'elevator to 1600ft' bit ;)

I've never heard it described that way but you're right. Over a certain height it stops seeming real.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I'm the opposite. When i was younger i was petrified of heights, i joined the legion Para's in order to overcome it. It worked, after a fashion. Now i'm just wary of gravity and sudden stops. :D

I thinkI could still jump. But when it comes to climbing I know my balance just ain't what it used to be.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Hell no, no chance, no way, not for a big clock not even big ben.
Like many here I was OK with heights when younger and used to climb a lot. Now a days thick carpet gets my head spinning.
The freeclimbing side of things just seems daft up there. One gust, one slip, sudden cramp and its all over. Not the best odds there at all.

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
the scary bit is he's just free climbing apart form when he wants a rest when he clips in, I reckon I'd do it but I'd be using a Via Ferrta system and would be clipped in at all times

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE