Not Bushcraft - socks, have they become less durable?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
About to put my shoes on to go to work and noticed a cold spot on one of my socks. Checked them when I put them on too. A hole came after putting them on. I need new socks urgently. I think I've managed to either hole or lose one out of almost every pair of work socks since starting this thread. It's never been so bad/i've never been so unlucky. I need a sock stocktake urgently.

Allans865

Nov 17, 2016
East Kilbride
Hi Paul,

I would highly recommend British Army issue Arctic socks, the cream coloured ones with the thin red line around the top of them.

I still have the 5 pairs that I was issued, and I left 12 years ago. I only wear them in the winter these days to my work though. Great, hard wearing socks. If they still make them to the same standard of course!

These bad boys have outlived every other sock I have ever owned.

Thanks,

Allan

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: santaman2000

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Hi Paul,

I would highly recommend British Army issue Arctic socks, the cream coloured ones with the thin red line around the top of them.

I still have the 5 pairs that I was issued, and I left 12 years ago. I only wear them in the winter these days to my work though. Great, hard wearing socks. If they still make them to the same standard of course!

These bad boys have outlived every other sock I have ever owned.

Thanks,

Allan

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
We were issued a similar sock (just no red line) They last almost forever and are awesome in colder weather; but they’re a bit much in warmer months.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE