Not bushcraft but definitely traditional !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gary Elson

Feb 27, 2007
Bulkington Warwickshire
Hi All
Whilst I realise this is nowt to do with Bushcraft and this maybe the wrong bit of the forum (mods please move or even delete) I’ve not been carving much recently BUT this is what we did this summer!!
Went of to Bideford Devon where me and the wife engaged on a stained glass window course with Robert Patterson (an excellent fellow)
Having made the glass panels I’ve then made two oak doors and fitted them in our serving hatch thus getting the benefit of our endeavours
Hope this is ok
Any way back to carving soon
Gary
276E27BB-7F0C-4654-8C14-79D5467D195F.jpeg

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I've always believed that all experience working with wood is valuable for bushcraft. Familiarity.
I need a tent with those glass panels for windows! They are very well crafted.

Gary Elson

Feb 27, 2007
Bulkington Warwickshire
Hi Robson
Your absolutely right
At college we talk about transferable skills and kinetic learning styles
Whichever way you hang it up it’s getting your hands and eyes to create what your brain (and your emotions) envisage
This is was the first technical skill my wife has attempted and she is thrilled with her result , quite rightly, and as with creating anything the sense of achievement is irreplaceable and what some of us live for! That feeling of creation is so positive

Gary

Reactions: Robson Valley

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Lovely work that. Both glass and wood.

I have worked with glass since I could see over a glaziers bench. Not so much these days but its amazing stuff.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE