Norwich and Norfolk group new thread!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi sorry i've been very busy recently,

given up the bushcraft teaching lark for a while anyway, had to get work so was on government course to update my work skills.

it worked very well and i just started my first days work as a grounds keeper/gardener for colmans mustard (yup they really do have gardens!) it's a nice job, loads of playing with little tractors and strimmers!

i also have come across another site in south walsham that could be used for some bushcraft stuff, it's a wetland wood, so could be interesting making camp etc.

hethel really is a nice site as long as you realise there are some hazards.

sadly it means no mid-week meets for me.

what's the rest of you been up to?:)

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
Hey guys, I'm back from Uni until the end of the first week of January, would love to do a meet up anytime but can't do weekends. Bushcraft would be a welcome break to maths.

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
ahha the N&N thread strikes into life once more:D have not had much chance for real out and about stuff but thankfully because i work outdoors a lot ive had chance to play around with a few things like tarp set up using the HH tarp i got from rappleby, had more chance to set this up in the a short space of time then the hammock also bought a small tent (gelert meerkat2, seems ok anyone heard anything bad about them?) and managed to convince the staff of a travelodge on the M5 nr wooton bassett that i had gone completly mad by setting up the tent in a garden area out the front of the hotel and no i didnt sleep in it just set it up to make sure it was ok...

interested in a meet up working over christmas but on holiday from the 5th jan.

Nice to see the thread up and running again

KevB

Forager
Oct 19, 2005
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Nothing much on the thread recently so heres a couple more pics taken on a family day out at the end of october...

DebrisShelter.jpg

We practiced a bit shelter building...

PuffBallArchery.JPG

...followed by a bit of puffball archery !

TheSickner.jpg

...and found an abundance of fungi. This one was found by my eldest daughter and is, I believe 'Russula emetica', The Sickner.

See ya'll

Dino

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2006
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Hi guys,
sorry i have not been on the forum for a while. i have been busy with my new job & sea cadets.:rolleyes: i like to wish you all a happy Xmas & a new year:rolleyes: , and i hope to get out more in the new year. could there be a meet in the new year?????.:lmao:

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi guy's

christmas now over i can relax a little, Kids and babies everywhere....

the Colmans job was a wash out, i'll tell you about it later

for those interested i was doing some conservation work at "lion wood" and we took down many many bushes which i always thought were rodhadendran(poor spell) it's laurel, so anyway, there is tons (quite litterally) of cut laurel whether is a useful bushcraft wood i'm not sure but it seems "hard and flexible" possible bow material? or tool handle wood?

the other more fun side is there is plenty enough to build some full-on shelters, with loads to spare.

the wood's themselves are quite big and hilly, so worth a looksee anyway.

also i'm checking out a new site for possible camps near "south walsham".

how's you all doing?

p.s. i'm on Facebook, as "Richard Appleby" "london area" if youknow me you'll recognise my photo please feel free to add yourself as my friend.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Good to hear from you mate. When are you coming out to play??

ASAP! (had so many varied problems over the last year or two!:( ) i don't think i've left Norwich boundry for amonth!

ok lets come up with a plan,

how about a weekender (camp) in late feb/early march?

or a day or two meet up before then?;)

what say you?:You_Rock_

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
I'd be up for a weekender, or even a midweek overnighter as I've still a little holiday owed me.

Red Kite

Nomad
Oct 2, 2006
London UK
Hi guys

Could you stretch the boundaries of Norwich and Norfolk as far as the East End of london? If so I'd be up for a weekender.

Stewart

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
The meet ups are pretty informal affairs, if you're up for travelling your welcome to come along:) .

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
Thanks Snuffkin, I'm back up from time to time as the rest of my family remained loyal, it'd be nice to combine a weekend seeing them with meeting a few nature loving county folk, i'll keep an eye on the thread, hopefully one of your meets will match the family diary.

Thanks again, Mick.

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Hi everyone been out of it for a while sorry work...etc

defo up for an overnighter or whatever is going

will try and keep an eye on the site more.

weekender

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE