Norwich and Norfolk group new thread!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Anyone up for an all day meetup in Dunwich Forest on Saturday 9th June ? I shall be taking a stroll myself anyway so anyone interested is welcome to join me.
My aim for this outing will be to take a 'foraging' stroll and produce a cooked snack containing my gatherings.
Fires are obviously not allowed in Forestry Commision areas so I'll be using a wood burning stove to cook. If you haven't got one then you may have time to scrounge a catering size coffee tin (the half height size) and knock one up before you come - this is all I use - nothing fancy.
Of course you dont have to do this at all - make up your own agenda. It'll just be nice to get a few faces together again.
I suggest start time around 10.00am. Let me know if you are interested and I'll PM you a Grid Ref and any other details.

Kev
Saturdays are out for me at the moment but I hope you have fun. And those of use who can't make it will expect pics:) .

KevB

Forager
Oct 19, 2005
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
No takers yet I know but looks like I might have to cancel anyway. Put some new front brake discs on the Landy this weekend. I should have known the job wouldn't be as quick as I thought. I rebuilt the calipers last year with new pistons and seals. The pistons were cheapish and have shed their chrome already so I'm hoping to source some stainless ones. This should prevent me rebuilding them each year ! Anyway looks like I'll be tied up rebuilding brakes next weekend by the time the parts come through.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

Dino

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2006
Lowestoft, Suffolk
:) not to worry KevB. i could not make it, i forgot i got to take some photos for our unit padre at the gt. yarmonth town hall. next time.:eek:

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Hi everyone
Have just returned from the isle of man have been over there for the TT races, now there is an island that would be worth exploring from a bushcraft point of view, some great walks round the island, great beaches for foraging, and woods/forests that appear to be in the middle of nowhere only accesable by farm roads.
Whats everyone else been upto???
ps is there a meet up in the pipeline or is everyone going to the summer moot?

weekender:D

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
I got down to the woods today to test a new knife and clear a few paths, all this rain and sun has got the brambles going wild. I also tried out my group buy hammock for the first time and dozed off for a couple of hours:eek: . I've no plans to go to the moot. But if you're going make sure to take loads of pics and post them up.

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Hi snufkin
No im not going to the moot, thought you would be?, i was working out near thetford last night took the hammock and managed a couple of hours before the phone rang and woke me:( still at least im getting the hang (no pun) of putting it up in the dark /torchlight and have tried various combinations of different things to keep warm.:D

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Hi snufkin
No im not going to the moot, thought you would be?, i was working out near thetford last night took the hammock and managed a couple of hours before the phone rang and woke me:( still at least im getting the hang (no pun) of putting it up in the dark /torchlight and have tried various combinations of different things to keep warm.:D
I don't fancy the moot, I'm not a big fan of crowds myself. Gearguru went last year and said he had a great time and learned alot though.

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Is that the first try in a hammock or have you had it awhile i cant remember you saying you had one, but then we talked a lot that day, they are some great woods and not used much which is good for you;) allowing you the forty winks. scratch that i have just re-read the first part of you thread:eek: sorry need to pay more attention.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
It's the first hammock I've owned but I did have a little go in Rapplebys Hennessy and I'm still tempted to get one. Now I'll have to sort out some time to get an overnighter in so I can test it properly.

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
snufkin if you have the same problem as me ie saturdays are a no go then what about a friday night unless you have to be early for the sat morning???

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
snufkin if you have the same problem as me ie saturdays are a no go then what about a friday night unless you have to be early for the sat morning???
Gotta be in work early on Saturdays. Friday is usually my day off so if I do go for an overnighter it'll likely be Thursday night. I'm covering holidays for the next fortnight so I probably won't get out for a while.

Jay-Jay

May 11, 2006
Thetford
Dunno mate,:confused: i was starting to look at some of the other more active meetups cos it's dead around here. May mean a lot more travelling but it's better than nothing i spose?

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
I'm here but really busy at work. And it looks like we'll be losing one member of staff next week so I dare say it'll get worse:( . I have managed to get out to my forge for a bit of knife making lately though.

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
I'm here but really busy at work. And it looks like we'll be losing one member of staff next week so I dare say it'll get worse:( . I have managed to get out to my forge for a bit of knife making lately though.

hows the knife making going that last one i saw was looking good when i saw it

jay jay: i know what you mean, have been thinking the same recently, which is a shame

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
hows the knife making going that last one i saw was looking good when i saw it

jay jay: i know what you mean, have been thinking the same recently, which is a shame

That one was about five knives ago!:lmao: Just experimenting with different styles and design approaches, all good fun. I've three on the go at the moment, a generic knife that looks like it could have been made in any time during the last thousand years, a little hunter for a KITH (Knife In The Hat swap) over on paleoplanet and a North western style crooked knife.
I still mean to try and squeeze in an overnighter so I'll let you know when I plan to go.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
I am here too! I have been busy with work and also trying to find a way for our daughters to move to Bristol for a college course and a uni course starting september! So far we failed miserably to find any work there. Travelling back and forth has been a time consuming, expensive pain-in-the-A! Looks less and less sure we are going to succeed:( :(

I have made a few knives but that's about all I have managed:(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE