Norwich and Norfolk group new thread!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
yes thetford would be ideal mate as its not too far away from me, hope to meet you lot at another meet hopefully thetford if you organise it

leon

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
I'll prehaps organise something at thetford after the garveston, i have some work comming up (at last :bluThinki ), around early autumn so i will only have a few spare weekends. but i'll see what we can do. ;)

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
yes i will wait as i know it takes time but i would love a weekend meet at thetford, its such a big forest

leon

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
aah again crossed wires,

we won't actually be camping in "thetford forest" that's Illegal!but in a scout campsite "near" the forest, i have some photos of one of our meets there(east anglia group) I'll post them later!

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
ok i get it know how far away is the scout campsite from the forest
sorry
leon

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
this is the address:

Two Mile Bottom
Mundford Road
Thetford
Norfolk

oops my mistake :eek: the site description is this:
11 acres of gladed woodland in Thetford Forest
OS Map Ref: TL 846 873

here what it looks like on a map:
image.dll

yes that train line is rather close, but the site's so nice it didn't bother us.
yes that is a big building nearby it's a chicken poo powerstation!
you'll love it you can't hear the road, you can just wander off in nearly any direction for a good walk! i'll try to find those photo's now! ;)

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
heres the site early in the year last year, only 3 of us:
myself Fennlander and his friend Sprock(no not spock)
we have hammocks and bashas set up my hennessy is to the left with experimental bits on it, in the background is a fence runnig left to right (the railway fence!)and a big kitchen area with tarp.
ee039014.jpg

fenlander and sprock with fenlanders hammock in the rear
ee039003.jpg

a view from the "kitchen" the building materials and barrel were borrowed from a toilet block which was being built at the time and very handy too!
ee038ff2.jpg

from a distance fenlanders hammock left, tarp drying center and sprocks tent right. as you can see loads of trees perfect for hammocks!
ee038fd3.jpg

around the camp fire sprock was making kebabs i was making bannock bread on a stick
ee038fb1.jpg

it's a great site, I want to go again soon!

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
thats looks like a great site and also perfect for hammocks as you say we'll have to arrange another meet there whenever your free
leon

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi d'you like my new avatar? bit retro :D
I'm going to be working away for the next 5 days at woodlandsurvivalcrafts.com (at last some work!)
I'll talk more when i get back entertain yourselves whilst i'm away! ;)

GearGuru

Forager
Jun 7, 2006
Market Deeping
Hi Folks

Like the sound of this camp your doing but not sure I can get a pass :confused: as I'm going to bushmoot so I'll have to see. One in Thetford forrest sounds good to!!

Rabbleby - I aint goin in no airplane!!

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
"I Pity the fool!" ;)

i just found some more Mr T quotes! :lmao:

"As a kid, I got three meals a day. Oatmeal, miss-a-meal and no meal".

"I believe in the Golden Rule — The Man with the Gold . . . Rules".

"When I was growing up, my family was so poor we couldn't afford to pay attention."

"It takes a smart guy to play dumb."

I'm back as you can see, had an interesting time difficult kids,and torrential rain!
everything got soggy!:( i am seriously considering changing some of my kit! all should be well by camp time! :)
i drove past your area today, you aren't too far away! :D

KevB

Forager
Oct 19, 2005
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Rappleby - if this is still going ahead I'd like to come along. Been waiting for a meetup to coincide with a 'free' weekend.
I live in Lowestoft so could pick up a Norwich dweller without transport if needs be.
How many have you got so far ?

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi kevB
yet another local!
if you know any good areas in your area tell us and we'll come and visit! :D

i think it's about 4 or 5 so far.

it's a fairly good question!

could everyone that has not already said so please indicate if they are coming or not?
to be fair, numbers aren't a problem as it's so cheap and no overheads, but the more the merrier!
cheers

KevB

Forager
Oct 19, 2005
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Rappelby - I am intending to arrive on site first thing Saturday morning. Could you possibly PM me with location details times etc (Grid Ref or similar).

May be able to dig out a Rabbit from the freezer (left over from last winter's activities) if anyone is interested in sharing a meal !

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE