Norway Jan 2013 - Five (plus one) go wild on the Nordmarka

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
it was not a Mora it was the new issue highlander knife, substandard to the Mora in my opinion. it broke battening trying to go through a knot in the wood, I had a Mora with me and used it to baton the same wood pile and had no issue going through knots I came across.
 
I did hit very hard too, do not know my own strength :) Compared to a clipper and yes it is slightly cheaper made but I do not think clipper would have lasted on the piece of I wood I used it on either. So lesson learnt for me if i try anything like it again I would go for a full tang knife or try a smaller piece of wood :)
 
I did hit very hard too, do not know my own strength :) Compared to a clipper and yes it is slightly cheaper made but I do not think clipper would have lasted on the piece of I wood I used it on either. So lesson learnt for me if i try anything like it again I would go for a full tang knife or try a smaller piece of wood :)

You should have taken that one I showed you at North Wood Pete. :)
 
Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE