Northern Irelands Forests?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Feygan

Forager
Oct 14, 2006
Northern Ireland
Hi all, not long joined here, figured its an ideal place as I love spending time outdoors. My main question to anyone that might know is, are there any resonable sized woodlands over in northern ireland. I'm living over here at the moment and have tried numerous methods of finding some. (asking folk, google earth, online googling) Nothing seems to show up, and short of either driving round everywhere to look or laying out all 10 OS maps for here in the local store (they dont seem to like it). I'm lost on where to go to spend time away.

So anyone here that either lives here now or has had experience to offer some advice on places?

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
There are two forest parks at the foot of the Mournes mate, Castlewellan and Tollymore, both lovely areas.

Brian

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
One of my gun club's has a small forest in the Mournes and i shoot there most Sundays, beautiful part of country.
Castlewellan and Tollymore are nice but can be well used at times by the general public so maybe not the best place for knives and axe's when it's busy.
Get yourself an OS map of the Mournes and have a look, lot's of smaller forest scatterd around that are worth a plunder.
I have used several of the smaller woods for overnight stops with no hassle at all.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE