Northern Bushcraft/Survival

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

J. J. Magnum

Feb 28, 2006
USA
There are those who know me well and know that I am not a thin blade Scandi kinda guy. I can however be persuaded when I find something that really catches my eye, and has a practical aspect to it. Such is the case with my new knives from Abe Elias (Diving Sparrow Knifeworks). First and foremost is what Abe is now calling his Northern Bushcraft/Survival (NBS).

dsc03023sg2.jpg

dsc03028sd2.jpg

This is very similar to the knife that Abe made for Steve Dick and was recently featured in a side bar article in "Tactical Knives Magazine". There were some subtle differences (features)that I requested Abe to add. For example I asked for a sparking rod notch on the thumb rest, and some checkering on the hammer poll for use in scraping out spoons and such. Other than that it is:

Overall Length: 10 1/4" inches
blade length:: 5 inches
Steel: 1095 1/8th inch
Handle material: Orange G-10

I met up with Abe in Detroit where he passed over my new NBS and a surprise another new creation the Savannah Jr.!

dsc03037cs6.jpg

The Savannah Jr. is the smaller version of the Bushcrafter that I had ordered last year which Abe now calls the Savannah. Here's the two of them (Savannah and Jr.) on either side of the NBS.

dsc03038je8.jpg

Although I haven't had a lot of time to test it however I must say it slices, it dices, it even shaves seasoned walnut!

dsc03046yh0.jpg

dsc03050ti3.jpg

The tomato was fresh from the garden (and a mite green). All the slices were made by alternating push cuts and pull cuts. The NBS literally dropped through the tomato with the slightest pressure. I noticed today that its beginning to develope an interesting patina from the tomato cuts.

The Savannah Jr. is a cuttin' little machine as well (just like its daddy)...

dsc03042zk1.jpg

dsc03051vl9.jpg

I have to say that I am well satisfied. Now the only question that remains is, which one do I carry during hunting season??? :confused1

michiel

Settler
Jun 19, 2006
Belgium - Herentals
That are some nice blades you got there mate! Although I don't really like blaze orange, they look great!
I love the NBS and the savanna Jr.

Make sure you take a lot of action pics! ;)

CanRanger

Tenderfoot
May 1, 2004
Canada
home.cogeco.ca
Glad you like it J.J. i hope you are getting a lot of use out of it I will have to call you and check on what is going on withthe other knives soon I have been busy working and filling orders.

Love the M6 by the Way will have to get one of those these days.

Abe

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE