North

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
That is why I said "I would" Rik, not what the op should do. Do please try to keep up with what i said :) lol...

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
this must be if you havn't a map anyway, as already stated north isn't much good if you don't know where you are or where your going and if you have a map and have been following it, you already know where you are. Incidentally magnetic compasses are all very well, but if you go round "moel shebod" in snowdonia, the iron throws compasses off. There is a petrol station there abouts that is accustomed to lost walkers.

Edit:
actually, I agree with rik_uk3 gps and electronic compasses, triangulation are probably the best way to go.

Last edited:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
That is why I said "I would" Rik, not what the op should do. Do please try to keep up with what i said :) lol...

I will pay more attention to your posts in future, I've tended to give them a quick browse of late as my attention drifted at around your second or third mention of having a brew with Lofty, my fault.

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
You could add me to your ignore list Rik, after all I tend to switch off every time you repeat ad nauseum the line about not needing more that a couple of £20 notes and a mobile phone in the UK... Instead of carrying a small tobacco tin with a few "possibles" in it just in case...:lmao:Will you be knocking those who carry a possibles pouch next?

Wayland

Hárbarðr
itchy_n_scratchy.gif

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
You could add me to your ignore list Rik, after all I tend to switch off every time you repeat ad nauseum the line about not needing more that a couple of £20 notes and a mobile phone in the UK... Instead of carrying a small tobacco tin with a few "possibles" in it just in case...:lmao:Will you be knocking those who carry a possibles pouch next?

5 x £20 notes these days, inflation and all that, phone, debit card, button torch = UK survival kit :)

Possibles bags have their place when camping, its not like you walk around town carrying one.

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
5 x £20 notes these days, inflation and all that, phone, debit card, button torch = UK survival kit :)

Possibles bags have their place when camping, its not like you walk around town carrying one.

No, we let our wives do that, it's called a handbag... Stuffed with pretty much everything except the kitchen sink IIRC.

Then there is "The man bag":lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE