North wood meet 16 - 19 december 3 night christmas special

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
''I'm pretty excited now having persuaded the wife that you're not a load of nutters and that i'll be perfectly fine.''

of course you will ... (he he he )

oh and yes, put some holes in a two or three inches up from the bottom

:eek: Cheers for the advice, not so sure about the creepy feeling the other part left me with :)

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
Mmm, fresh meat! Just run when you hear banjos...only kidding, we're a REAL friendly bunch.

if i hear piggies squealing in the middle of the night i'll be halfway to lincolnshire before im out my sleeping bag!:lmao: I was sack race champ at primary school

so here's my wok firepit

Attachments

• wok firepit 002.jpg
    wok firepit 002.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 19

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
looking good simon :) you just need some sort of grill on the top or a hanging system for your pots .

steve

ive got a rusty old bbq grill in the shed thats a little oversized but it'll clean up and do the job. i take it we can park pretty close to the woods? i normally walk out when i camp so it'll feel a bit strange turning up with more than my bag but i think i'll be bringing extra pots as well as the pit.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
ive got a rusty old bbq grill in the shed thats a little oversized but it'll clean up and do the job. i take it we can park pretty close to the woods? i normally walk out when i camp so it'll feel a bit strange turning up with more than my bag but i think i'll be bringing extra pots as well as the pit.

Yes, cars can park close. It takes me 8 trips to and from the car to unload so you'll be ok. :)

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Woodspirits
JonathanD
shaggystu (maybe + 1)
MartinK9
Sasquatch
Andy2112
Nolightweight
Twodogs TBC
Tank (1 night TBC)
SimonD (1 or 2 nights TBC)
Karl82 (2 nights will try for 3)
TinkyPete
Muddy Boots

Sorted.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
there you go...

Woodspirits
JonathanD
shaggystu (maybe + 1)
MartinK9
Sasquatch
Andy2112
Nolightweight
Twodogs TBC
Tank (1 night TBC)
TinkyPete
Muddy Boots
knifefan (tbc)

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
Ive been waiting to see this place..

Woodspirits
JonathanD
shaggystu (maybe + 1)
MartinK9
Sasquatch
Andy2112
Nolightweight
Twodogs TBC
Tank (1 night TBC)
TinkyPete
Muddy Boots
knifefan (tbc)
IntrepidStu

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
The badgers willl be fine with it. As there will be no freshly fallen leaves all about at that time it wll be easier to have a good go at tracking them and finding the optimum spots. We probably won't need to put it near the sett as badgers use the same paths night after night. I found another outlying sett after you left Stu, as well as a possible fox earth. I'll bring some plaster of paris so we can get some good casts.... and a bucket load of peanuts and a tin of dog food too.

superb mate, i thought about some plaster of paris but it's not something that i have laying around (and i'm famously tight fisted). i'm glad you suggested dog food, i was going to bring along a little bag of dried dog food, thought that'd probably tempt a badger. fox earth sounds interesting too.

really looking forward to this one, it's shaping up to be a good weekend.

stuart

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE