North wood meet 16 - 19 december 3 night christmas special

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
hi all, as per title for those interested were going to squeeze in an extra night here! :christmas2:

there were muted whispers that a certain culinary genius was going to prepare a full christmas dinner on this one! :35: hence the extra night. :D

those who attended the last meet in october will be aware that arrangements have been made to tidy certain areas of the woodland for not only the farmer, but to give us a safer environment to play in.

to this end we will have two chainsaws at our disposal, i have a licence and if there is another we can give a couple of hours to the task ahead, im sure we can use a few decent rounds of timber for seats, chopping blocks etc, health and safety will be paramount. all work entirely voluntary of course

ok as before, just a reminder of terms and directions.

im sure i shouldnt have to mention good housekeeping to you, but im going to anyway. :(
were here on trial so it really is a case of leaving no junk / firescars etc. the only thing we should leave is a good impression, take your rubbish home, there are no facilitys to leave it on the farm. this is a private site, a farmer who i know and who has trusted me. im going to be blunt here, anyone who jeopardises this goodwill will be asked to leave. individual fires are allowed off the ground, there is plenty of windfall and some standing (usual precautions apply) live wood is to be left untouched. under 18s to be accompanied by a parent or guardian, guests or minors will be the responsibility of the person who bought them, a small section on the approach to north wood is sssi, unless otherwise instructed this will be marked and out of bounds, as will a small area adjacent to it which is personal to the farmer. the gate from the farm into the meadow must be kept closed at all times, if you open it you close it, ok happy head back on! :)

fees are a reasonable £4 per head per night, access is on friday from 1700, unless we have made prior arrangements to get in earlier. for security reasons the electronic gates will be closed overnight and all day sunday, codes will be given out at the meet, possible late arrivals pm me for my tel' number. we will aim to vacate site no later than 1300. location is opposite the belfry golf club on the A4091, OS map ref' SP189962 for those arriving early there is a large layby (with a burger van:)) opposite the entrance, which is 'middleton house farm'. full address is;

Middleton House Farm
Tamworth Road
Middleton,
Tamworth
North warwickshire
B78 2BD

the fields on the approach to the wood are sometimes hired out to a private company. if on arrival there is any activity on the meadow between the car park and the wood, and you need to unload your vehicle, keep to the track, proceed with caution with hazards on at 15mph

well thats it for now, any questions just sing out :)

steve

please list your interest below

woodspirits

Last edited:

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
i'm in, hopefully plus gemma this time, but we won't hold our breath.

Woodspirits
JonathanD
shaggystu (maybe + 1)

stuart

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Yep, been too long.

Cheers Steve, which area are we going to be in for this one?

Woodspirits
JonathanD
shaggystu (maybe + 1)
MartinK9

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Yes please Steve, can't make the Thursday though...

Woodspirits
JonathanD
shaggystu (maybe + 1)
MartinK9
Sasquatch

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I fancy the middle bit by that big Yew tree, where we got those two trees down at the last meet, nice feel to it there.

I agree, great bit of woodland there....

DSC08467.jpg

It's also away from the badgers sett, which we must have disturbed quite a bit last time. In the winter, they'll need all the foraging oppurtunities they can get. We should all bring some peanuts to make up for it. Even they were wise enough to stay away from Istvans bannock and Andys paper-lava-cake

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
thanks phil, you fancy a bit of turkey? :)

I do, but I'll let you know closer to the time :eek: . I had hoped to have done the last Meet - but work, the fair and visiting suppliers got in the way :( :eek: - never mind, I'll manage to do more than a flying visit one of there days :lmao: .

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
hi andy :)
well the south end of the wood incorporates that area, so fill your boots!

Nice one Steve.

I agree, great bit of woodland there....

It's also away from the badgers sett, which we must have disturbed quite a bit last time. In the winter, they'll need all the foraging oppurtunities they can get. We should all bring some peanuts to make up for it. Even they were wise enough to stay away from Istvans bannock and Andys paper-lava-cake

If you're not careful, i'll cook another one, just for you, lol

Good idea about the nuts.

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
on the subject of badgers, would i be ok to bring a bag of sand and have a go at making a sand trap to try and get some good badger prints?

stuart

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
im sure that will be ok, but check with jonathan to be on the safe side i dont know how skittish they are that close to the sett

steve

no problem mate, i was intending to get jonathans help on this anyway, we spent a little bit of time together looking at badger sign last meet. i just thought it'd be nice to know a little bit more about the creatures we're sharing the wood with.

cheers

stuart

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE