North wood 24th - 26th june 2011

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
for those of you that aren't aware, theres a few little projects for this and future meets, no doubt this list will expand as we go on! all entirely voluntary of course, i realise that some of you will just want to enjoy the woodland and explore its potential, :) but for those who enjoy a bit more hands on...

first up is another rustic bridge to be built, this time its to connect CP2 with upper north wood pitches. nothing too elaborate, just a couple of logs across a ditch.

next is a bit of clearing work, this is to improve our existing pitches at the upper north wood and expand it.

with all this available wood to hand, martin suggested we smoke a few fish with it!

as mentioned in an earlier post, all the coppiced hazel is just the right size for making hurdles with. usefull as wind breaks, shelter building etc...

there are one or two places on the perimeter path that gets a little soggy in the winter months. this can be easily put right by burying a pipe under the path allowing the wet areas to drain.

well there you go, as i said all voluntary, all as and when we feel like it, no pressure just an alternative for when you get fed up with fondling your shiney's... or whatever :D

steve

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
Please list your interest below only if you agree
to the terms in post 1 and include this line in the
paste

1. woodspirits
2. MartinK9
3. Karl82 [TBC]
4. NLW
5. Andy2112 + the stool snatcher
6. Davey569
7. Cliv
8. Sasquatch & Grizzley Adams(tbc)
9. SimonD
10. IandP + Junior (Friday/ Sat only)
11. Tank
12. Twodogs
13 luckylee
14 MJM1 (Mike)
15 TinkyPete (TBC)

Bit of a tidy up sadly I'm out for this one.

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
a little tidy up;

paste

1. woodspirits
2. MartinK9
3. Karl82 [TBC]
4. NLW
5. Davey569
6. TinkyPete (TBC)
7. Cliv
9. SimonD
11. Tank
12. Twodogs
13 luckylee
14 MJM1 (Mike)

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
Im really keen on coming to this meet woodspirits!! Is there any chance i can put my name down, as long as i can sort a lift out to get up there!? looking on google maps im only 45 mins to an hour away! :)

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Im really keen on coming to this meet woodspirits!! Is there any chance i can put my name down, as long as i can sort a lift out to get up there!? looking on google maps im only 45 mins to an hour away! :)

hiya cowboy, yes by all means add your name your welcome to join us. i take it you have no transport? not sure if anybodys coming from the derby area, water orton and coleshill parkway railway stations are very near, if you do get that far ill pick you up if that will help.:)

steve

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
Ok mate, im going to put my name down for this!!! :) Its not that i dont have transport, its just i have a motorbike and it gets a bit tricky when iv got all my kit on my back and all my leathers on. Its just not practical! Im going to try and sort transport out in the next day or two but if i cant sort a lift out ill look at getting a train up.. Ill keep you posted anyways! Excited now!!! :)

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
paste

1. woodspirits
2. MartinK9
3. Karl82 [TBC]
4. NLW
5. Davey569
6. TinkyPete (TBC)
7. Cliv
9. SimonD
11. Tank
12. Twodogs
13 luckylee
14 MJM1 (Mike)
15. cowboy TBC

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
never mind mark, see you next time around :)

paste

1. woodspirits
2. MartinK9
3. Karl82 [TBC]
4. NLW
5. Davey569
6. TinkyPete (TBC)
7. Cliv
9. SimonD
11. Tank
12. Twodogs
13 luckylee
14 MJM1 (Mike)
15. cowboy TBC
16. borka26

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE