North wood 22-24 february 2013

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Brilliant! :) We're awful low on stocks at home so it'll be a huge help to forage a little for the duration. Are we still aiming to do a matching woodpile at the bottom end?

Elen, Fionn(water gypsy) is hoping to learn to knit but unfortunately I'm a continental/ left hander/ picker/ whatever you want to call it... I can bring spare pins but are you an 'english' knitter? Tis a devil to translate patterns so can we 'mother hen' our knitty acolyte together so she can learn both?

Heyyyy, my thousandth post! I'm officially an auld barsteward and not a noob anymore!!

Priam

Forager
May 24, 2011
Cheshire
Please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1, indicate available days and include this line in the paste

1. woodspirits, fri-sun
2. MartinK9 Fri - Sun.
3. NLW Fri - Sun
4. TinkyPete (TBC)
5. Andy BB TBC
6. Turbogirl Fri-Sun
7. Elen Sentier Fri-Sun (I'm coming! I'm coming!)
8. Sasquatch
9. Karl82
10. Priam (Fri-Sun) Possably + 1 Guest
11. Jimbo75 (unless life gets in the way)
12. Cliv
13. Preper (Fri - Sun)
14. TBL/TLL (Fri-Sun)
15. Vann1992 (Fri only) I'm new so I'm just trying my kit out.
16. uncleboob (TBC)
17. Trev + 1 (Fri-Sat)
18. SimonD (Fri-Sat)
19. Twodogs ( Sat -Sun )
20. Johnnyboy1971. Maybe
21. Luckylee, looking forward to this one.
22. Briantrubshaw (Fri - Sun)
23. BushcraftsMan (Fri - Sun)
24. Dreadhead & Watergypsy (sat/sun health permitting)​

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
Please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1, indicate available days and include this line in the paste

1. woodspirits, fri-sun
2. MartinK9 Fri - Sun.
3. NLW Fri - Sun
4. TinkyPete (TBC)
5. Andy BB TBC
6. Turbogirl Fri-Sun
7. Elen Sentier Fri-Sun (I'm coming! I'm coming!)
8. Sasquatch
9. Karl82
10. Priam (Fri-Sun) Possably + 1 Guest
11. Jimbo75 (unless life gets in the way)
12. Cliv
13. Preper (Fri - Sun)
14. TBL/TLL (Fri-Sun)
15. Vann1992 (Fri only) I'm new so I'm just trying my kit out.
16. uncleboob (TBC)
17. Trev + 1 (Fri-Sat)
18. SimonD (Fri-Sat)
19. Twodogs ( Sat -Sun )
20. Johnnyboy1971. Maybe
21. Luckylee, looking forward to this one.
22. Briantrubshaw (Fri - Sun)
23. BushcraftsMan (Fri - Sun)
24. Dreadhead & Watergypsy (sat/sun health permitting)
25. Andy t (possibly/maybe)

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
second that, a milestone Sal'. and yes we will rustle up a workparty to process a woodpile for the lower end on this meet, saves trampling the bluebells in April. :)

Simples:

re post 79, as an added incentive anyone pitching outside the main area of upper NW, can forage for wood. theres no need to bring in your own (unless you want to) usual guidlines apply of course, no live wood and off the floor etc see post 1. :)
this is for those who want to utilise more of the available woodland, its not a free for all axe frenzy! :D

You want a fire, you add to the communal stockpile as well :p

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
this line up is looking wholesome! Fionn will be dead chuffed to be clucked over all weekend haha. Time for a comp Sal? ;)
Competition? Bah humbug... Poor Fionn.....Buk... bukkkk... bukkkkkk.... BUKKKERRRRRK! If I lay an egg, we can add it to Jasons brekkie offerings of homegrown sausage from his op, anyone gonna offer up some body parts for bacon?
:lmao:

Simples:
You want a fire, you add to the communal stockpile as well :p
Yeah, that sounds fair enough, Martin! I have one good piece of pine trunk but it needs chainsawing for a swedish candle, I'll try to remember to bring it along for posterity, might be good close to the workparty area for lashings of brewage for the grafters :)

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Yeah, that sounds fair enough, Martin! I have one good piece of pine trunk but it needs chainsawing for a swedish candle, I'll try to remember to bring it along for posterity, might be good close to the workparty area for lashings of brewage for the grafters :)

With the amount of people down to attend, it shouldn't take long at all if we have a concerted effort.

Brew stops are always welcome. :)

Priam

Forager
May 24, 2011
Cheshire
Competition? Bah humbug... Poor Fionn.....Buk... bukkkk... bukkkkkk.... BUKKKERRRRRK! If I lay an egg, we can add it to Jasons brekkie offerings of homegrown sausage from his op, anyone gonna offer up some body parts for bacon?
:lmao:

Yer Thanks Sall..

I will consider it if you do me a little favour?, Pictures, BCUK, and me don't seem to work, could you post my pictures of my Lavvu in the snow from F.B. in this thread? Would be a happy bunny if you did :thankyou:.

Another bit of good news chaps! I had the all clear following my MRI scan so no more saussage to be had Sall!!

Priam.

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Congratulations Jason. It must be a huge weight off your mind now.
Now time to get back to normal, proper food and good ale.

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Ahhh, we'll be back to giving you proper hassle and grief next meet then, Jay... keeping you away from the workparty was difficult, unnatural and unpleasant to have to do!

If the pic doesn't come up, can you change its privacy through edit to public on facebook, lovey, then it should show :)
560840_10151432583905746_2051556499_n.jpg

It *should* be there now ^^ :)

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Ahhh, we'll be back to giving you proper hassle and grief next meet then, Jay... keeping you away from the workparty was difficult, unnatural and unpleasant to have to do!

If the pic doesn't come up, can you change its privacy through edit to public on facebook, lovey, then it should show :)
560840_10151432583905746_2051556499_n.jpg

It *should* be there now ^^ :)
Winter wonderland. Guess you didnt have the stove going !

Priam

Forager
May 24, 2011
Cheshire
Winter wonderland. Guess you didnt have the stove going !

I wanted to run through a few scenarios. I put it up in the snow & dark. I stayed in in low temperatures with the stove lit. I let the stove go out an checked if snow would stick to the sides. I checked warm up times with a snow covering and without. I was able to see if the snow stayed on with the fire lit. I now know what load the snow applies to the pegs and lines etc. How much the sides get pushed in. Etc etc. :)

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
It quite supprising how much weight snow adds up to on the sides of a tent.
Extra weight=extra stress on stitching and guys.
Did you do a temp test with and without the stove lit? If so what difference did it make.

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I wanted to run through a few scenarios. I put it up in the snow & dark. I stayed in in low temperatures with the stove lit. I let the stove go out an checked if snow would stick to the sides. I checked warm up times with a snow covering and without. I was able to see if the snow stayed on with the fire lit. I now know what load the snow applies to the pegs and lines etc. How much the sides get pushed in. Etc etc. :)
Your engineers mind is showing, Jase!

You always erect it so well, it looks evenly taut and perfect every time :) Did you get much bowing under snow weight? Approx cm difference, I'm thinking of 15cm gap inner to outer so am worried that may not be sufficient... I'm guessing your warm up was possibly better with the insulation of snow? Did it melt off and through the outer with the fire lit?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE