North wood 22-24 february 2013

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1, indicate available days and include this line in the paste.

1. woodspirits, fri-sun
2. MartinK9 Fri - Sun.
3. NLW Fri - Sun
4. TinkyPete (TBC)
5. Andy BB TBC
6. Turbogirl Fri-Sun
7. Elen Sentier Fri-Sun (I'm coming! I'm coming!)
8. Sasquatch

I'm very tempted to get a chainsaw to make my life easier, if I do before the meet I'll bring it along to speed things up a bit.

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Think the secret with a bowsaw is to use the full blade. Ive seen many people just using the middle third and trying to go too fast.
Im about to order some new hardwood to build a new folding saw, this time i will get the right size blades to fit it.

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Wow, I'll have a swing with that bad boy! Stand well back, lads :D

I have a portable folding saw/ log support but my chainsaw needs the carb cleaning and I'm banned from using the garage so thats out of action... would it help to bring the stand? Trouble is, its light and therefore better used on hard standing (makes light work of the firewood for home, fo'sure!) but if it'd save your back, steve, happy to bring it along :)

Last edited:

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
Please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1, indicate available days and include this line in the paste.

1. woodspirits, fri-sun
2. MartinK9 Fri - Sun.
3. NLW Fri - Sun
4. TinkyPete (TBC)
5. Andy BB TBC
6. Turbogirl Fri-Sun
8. Sasquatch
9. Karl82

Priam

Forager
May 24, 2011
Cheshire

1. woodspirits, fri-sun
2. MartinK9 Fri - Sun.
3. NLW Fri - Sun
4. TinkyPete (TBC)
5. Andy BB TBC
6. Turbogirl Fri-Sun
8. Sasquatch
9. Karl82
10. Priam (Fri-Sun)

1. woodspirits, fri-sun
2. MartinK9 Fri - Sun.
3. NLW Fri - Sun
4. TinkyPete (TBC)
5. Andy BB TBC
6. Turbogirl Fri-Sun
8. Sasquatch
9. Karl82
10. Priam (Fri-Sun)
11. Jimbo75 (unless life gets in the way)

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Wow, I'll have a swing with that bad boy! Stand well back, lads :D

I have a portable folding saw/ log support but if it'd save your back, steve, happy to bring it along :)

well theres a strange one Sal,' before i read this i was thinking last night that i did get a few pains last time with the saw and that at the next meet i would make a sawhorse of some kind.! the rustic element appeals plus i can tuck it away there too, but thanks for the offer. :D

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Looking forward to watching that woody project evolve, I'm hoping to find some spindle wood :D and seeing the new Norwegian big boys toys too, if I can't make a laavu, I'm gonna enjoy raving about yours, lads =D

Last edited:

Cliv

Forager
Nov 15, 2008
Preston

1. woodspirits, fri-sun
2. MartinK9 Fri - Sun.
3. NLW Fri - Sun
4. TinkyPete (TBC)
5. Andy BB TBC
6. Turbogirl Fri-Sun
8. Sasquatch
9. Karl82
10. Priam (Fri-Sun)
12. Cliv

PREPER

Settler
Dec 31, 2009
Notts

1. woodspirits, fri-sun
2. MartinK9 Fri - Sun.
3. NLW Fri - Sun
4. TinkyPete (TBC)
5. Andy BB TBC
6. Turbogirl Fri-Sun
8. Sasquatch
9. Karl82
10. Priam (Fri-Sun)
12. Cliv
13. Preper (Fri - Sun)

I'm in :)

Last edited:

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
I'm sorely tempted to attend this, as I've been meaning to get to North wood for a while now. I would be bringing my little girl if ok? She's five and a half, but good as gold (genuinely).

It really depends if that's ok, and also the weather at the time, for her sake. Cheers, al.

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Hey Al, you would both be more than welcome. Would be good to catch up again and hear your stories and trips. Oh and to sample your cooking:cool:

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Always thinking with your belly LoL :)

Be my pleasure to knock up something, never a chore! As long as its not too cold for Keeley, we would love to join you all.

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Usually a good ole fire going and enough cover to slow any breeze.
My daughter keeps asking me if she can come with me but i fear she will get too bored too easily.

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
That's good to know fire and cover wise :)

She's been joining me in the woods for three years, but its about time we started spending some nights out in a good environment for her (she loves company).

I'm also taking her to the Moot this year, that should help with the self control versus the naughty corner :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE