North wood 22-24 february 2013

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
I have an idea....I can do a little show and tell on Rat Packs....comparing the new op rat packs (operational multi-terrain ration packs) to the orp rat packs (ordinary ration packs)

I have just been on a battle camp as well where I was instructing on some basic survival stuff to our soldiers so I can show some different fire lighting stuff as well if you want?

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
I have an idea....I can do a little show and tell on Rat Packs....comparing the new op rat packs (operational multi-terrain ration packs) to the orp rat packs (ordinary ration packs)

I have just been on a battle camp as well where I was instructing on some basic survival stuff to our soldiers so I can show some different fire lighting stuff as well if you want?

pete that would im sure go down a treat! (no pun intended) :D great stuff. any interest on Petes offer??

Last edited:

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I'm shamefully bad at firelighting, Pete, I'd love to get a bit more practice in without the zippo :)

I've sorted out some spare needles and wool for Fionn, if anyone else wants to learn to knit, you're more than welcome to try it out with us :) And Steves kindly offered to pop me some slits in a pine trunk I have for a swedish candle. Did I remember you saying you might throw together a form of simple 'horse' too? I'd like to watch that coming together, am fascinated by your camp furniture :)

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Got some friends i havent seen for a long time that live about 50miles north of Aberdeen and at the moment they have quite a bit of snow. Should be fun and will give me tome to play in my new 4x4.

PREPER

Settler
Dec 31, 2009
Notts
Re fire firefighting,

I have some of the ivy stored that was cut last year, or the year before (boards) and one or two willow bow spindles.
Well seasoned me thinks but it may be a bit damp in February?
Also several iron file strikers and flint nodes again used last year. Add some of Neil's char cloth.....
Supplement Pete's fire lighting session?

PREPER......... :)

Last edited:

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
.....and will give me time to play in my new 4x4.
Ohhh you got one then! Did you end up with the x-trail? What model/ engine?

Karl, I've got one of Milius2's forged firesteels on the way so would love to learn how to use it properly but I need to practice with a rod too... and tinder spotting, Steve showed me some honeysuckle bark :) I think I can raid Mums paperbirch trees again (if I say it's for you! :rolleyes:) and theres often bullrush heads near here too. I did make the mistake of bringing my last ones inside to dry out by the fire and ended up hatching at least 500 maggots which caused HWMBO to freak as they broke for freedom across the kitchen over the next week before I identified the culprit ;)

I'm cool practicing anything firey really, would love you, petes, preps and chads help & advice :) Anyone else got other things they'd like to try?

Last edited:

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Hi Sal, yeah got the 2.2Dci x-trail in Aruba blue.
Big change from the beemer though, its like driving a tank but it feels right for me somehow.
Next job is AT tyres then go play in the mud.
B16AF2F9-7585-4B5B-93CC-A09836923588-127-00000021C857737B.jpg

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
I'm always up for firelighting, I can bring a bowdrill and hand drill and other implements. Up for the work party as usual as well Steve.

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
Ok i will bring all the stuff i had at the fire demo from last year to add to pete's and preps stuff for those that where not their it in-clued's Bow drill, flint steel, ferorod, matches, lighter, 9V wire wool and fire piston and a load of different tinder.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE