North Wales / Cheshire etc. Social ?

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
:You_Rock_ Thanks Dom for organising an excellent mini meet. Really god to meet some new faces and put faces to names too!
I will try and organise another NW weekend meet in the next week or so and post dates etc. Hope to see you all there, if not at another day out before then!

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Aragorn said:
yea great day out thanks Dom and everyone that showed, special thanks to goose for pointing out that my opinel 8 actually had a blade lock :eek:
Wasn't going to mention it to save embarrassment, but seeing as you did, :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: ,quote of the day "don't really like the opinel, the blade closes too......... :confused: .......what lock?"

Mar 22, 2006
North Wales
well i do believe thats all of us with tarps now! so i think a one nighter is in order as soon as possible, try out the old sleepin in a hammock! nice fire few small beers and some carving, anyone up for it?? not too sure where we wud go but well just get out of sight somewhere and just do it!

Landy_Dom

Nomad
Jan 11, 2006
Mold, North Wales
Glad you all had fun - I certainly did! :D

Got a good little gang here within reach of the borderlands - so more meets in the offing I reckon...

Corr - let me know how you get on with your hammock & tarp - looks a nice setup and at a reasonable price, too.

It was really good to play with a few techniques - special thanks to Goose for loads of useful info :You_Rock_ - need to get out and practise some of it now!

Did your lass enjoy it all Aragorn? - maybe we can do a kid friendly campout sometime in the warmer weather - I'm sure my 2 will be up for it.

Stay in touch folks and we'll have more of the same before long.

Dom.

Andy J

Forager
Oct 28, 2006
north wales
Sounds like it was a success! Backyard Bushcraft called in our house Saturday evening, and told me all about it, and it didsound good. couldn't make this one, but will do my best for the next.Well done for making the effort, to organise, and everyone else for attending...Andy

corr

Tenderfoot
Oct 22, 2006
crewe, cheshire
Landy_Dom said:
Corr - let me know how you get on with your hammock & tarp - looks a nice setup and at a reasonable price, too.

So I got the hammock and tarp set them up just it looks good there were 4 guide lines missing so I have mailed the shop to c were they are but other than that its all good
Very comfy and with the self-inflating mat and 4 seasons bag very warm :D

John Dixon

Forager
May 2, 2006
Cheshire
Sorry i didnt make it. SHMBO had a lie in ( booked) and it went on and on, and by lunch time when she finaly emerged it was time to feed the sprogs.
Realy sorry i missed it.

Landy_Dom

Nomad
Jan 11, 2006
Mold, North Wales
John Dixon said:
Sorry i didnt make it. SHMBO had a lie in ( booked) and it went on and on, and by lunch time when she finaly emerged it was time to feed the sprogs.
Realy sorry i missed it.

Oh don't worry - there WILL be another one before too long, eh lads? :D

Dom.

Mar 22, 2006
North Wales
HELL YES, you guys read the north west spring meet?? need to get some one to organise it as the offer is there and its only an hours drive plus between us we could share lifts (tax bein in doms landy ::D:D:D:D:D:D ha ha ha) so it would be cheap and fun fun fun!!! i think the 1st weekend of april would be cool! anyone interested PM me and ill get some definate names

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Shouldn't be too much of a problem, I just need to sort out a couple of dates, provisionally I can do any weekend in april apart from 13-15th. If it suits everyone I willl phone and book the site tomorrow, I will request any weekend in april(cept the one mentioned, but I am booking it ;) ) and go with what works best around their bookings. This will be at Forest Camp as before, we know the place and it will easily cater for our needs.
In the mean time, how about a day at Rangermans place, similar idea as the recent day out in Wales we had? It will be a good day out and it can double as a recce for possible future meets. I have visited there before and it does have plenty of options, but I was a bit wary due to the amount of dog walkers(not really a problem) and wandering neds(possibly a problem), which won't be a problem during the day.
So let me know what you think about dates and ideas, when the date is set I will start a thread giving full details and to get names and numbers.

Aragorn

Settler
Aug 20, 2006
Wrexham, North Wales
sounds good to me, april should be ok, would prefer it not to be 27-29 as i would have to book holidays, as it is may need to book 1 day but thats no problem. day out sounds good too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE