North Wales campsite?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wolfie

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 19, 2004
S.Wales
I've got to go to N Wales soon for work and rather than stay in a B&B or Hotel I was thinking of camping. So, does anybody know of any nice campsites near Bangor / Anglesey / Caernarfon / N Snowdonia ? It doesn't have to be particularly bushcraft friendly just somewhere relatively peaceful (preferably not on a caravan site)

Cheers

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
I've camped in a basic little site in Nant Peris.. field a bit rough, basic facilties, nice enough pub nearby, Vaynol Arms .. with a great connection with UK climbing history.

and handy for a stroll up Snowdon if you've a spare ten minutes ;)

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
quarterstaff said:
Try 9 hours :)
You pulling the train? :D

I didn't actually make it up Snowdon, I was with my daughter, the weather closed in with very heavy rain, and discretion seemed to be the better part of valour. Much bigger hill than Pen-y-Fan from the Storey Arms.

quarterstaff

Aug 5, 2004
uk
You pulling the train?
lol,not quite,walked from the camp site at Lyn Gwynant,with a mate,2 jack russel terriers and a hangover,oh and 18 stone of beer and steak from the nite before :) .It was a great day out,sleet ,snow,sweat,rain,mist,all the good things a mountain has to offer.

swamp donkey

Forager
Jun 25, 2005
uk
Wolfie , When are you going up? Are you working on the island or main land? I ask because there are a few problems with traffic on the bridges at the moment :eek: which will affect were you camp.Send me a PM and I will give you the low down to boring for here.

Swamp Donkey :)

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
Have camped here before not been for a couple of years was very basic the last time i went. V bushcrafti lake, stream, and some woodland nature reserve.

Snowdonia.jpg

LlynGwynant.gif

Landy_Dom

Nomad
Jan 11, 2006
Mold, North Wales
I live in Snowdonia if any of you need local knowledge :D

my fave campsite is in Capel Curig with views of Snowdon horseshoe and Llynau Mymbyr lakes - bit basic but fantastic location and £2 a head (£1 for kids)!!!

Dom.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE