North East

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
I think you can camp at Lord Stones although i'm not sure. There's a few woody areas within 1 mile of it not sure of ownership, but it is pretty bleak up there.
I'd be up for a mini meet

M

Member no more

@Big Bear. Thanks for the link here bud.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Big Bear. Thanks for the link here bud.

Hello to all.
I'm from a village called Esh Winning, 7 miles west of Durham City (ha..a city....righto!).

I'm keen to get along, meet others and see about getting a regular local group gathering going and build on things from that.

I'm very interested in applying, learning and passing on practical bushcraft skills to and from others with a preferred leaning towards olde world, traditional and ancient hunter/gatherer methods.

Recently divorced and past couple of years not been too good but happily getting on once again and needing to get out and about with others so I'll be happy to tag along as and when can.

I'm currently unemployed and lost my car last year so my only means of travel is feet, mountain bike or bus for a few more months which is more of a time planning inconvenience rather than a chore for being at places, since I also have other activities on going.....volunteer first aider at events, upcoming electrician course, my child most friday nights, refurbishing my home (loads of DIY stuff!) and a couple of other 'social' commitments!

Mainly it's the amount of refurbishing work which I'm slowly getting through and trying to finish the major work before the course starts but other than that, if there's an escape for a few hours, a day or a night during a month, drop me an invite please.

Hello, nice introduction. i`m sure there will be something in the area that will fit in with what you are looking for, there seems to be a few of us in the North East & 1 post from Durham already (not counting yours)

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
Busy fella then Arnie.
Durham's a city :rolleyes::lmao:

I'll have a look at Lord Stones and see if they allow camping. No trees about though so hammocks would be right out :lmao: Or there's the camp site at The Lion Inn but again no trees.
ANyone else with any suggestions?

B

bluesurfman123

hi i been to cod beck a couple of times ,,,, would love to camp near there too kids loved it last time they were up there ,,,where is camp at ,,can a car and trailer get there ???

Dec 18, 2008
Durham.
It was the case that you could camp for free at the Lord Stones if you used the cafe. Not sure if this is still the case as this was a couple of years ago.

And hello Arnie.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE