Norfolk-camping, paddling and fishing help please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 15, 2012
Rotherham
Hello!!!! New to the site and in need of help with a few bits. In three weeks a friend and I are going kayaking, fishing and camping in Norfolk, hickling for seven days. Whilst there we will be starting in land and working our way east towards the coast between waxham sands holiday park and north wood to do a spot of beach casting. Has anyone fished from this area previously and how did you get on and is anything i need to be aware off? we also considered dropping a few lobster pots but have never done it before. Any ideas if the area is suitable and I do have the option to go out far from coast in my kayak if needed. Also and advice/info on the general area would be brilliant as we both haven't paddled this area before.

Thanks,

L8starter

Forager
Mar 6, 2011
norwich, uk
i am typing on my tablet and it is misbehaving terribly, wont let me edit and is refusing to let me type anywhere now except the top

i would contact lifeguards or coastguards for advice. the whole coast around there is fragile and i wouldnt know what is safe.

sea palling has man made reefs to try to protect from further erosion and happisburgh is steadily falling in to the sea.

having said that there is a lot of surfing at sea palling. if you look at yo surfer or surfing waves you will find forums with people who know the sea well. i usually do the reef swim at sea palling but sometimes it gets called off because of the swell. i think you might hire canoes at sea palling so worth exploring for info.

my girls and i used to camp at waxham every summer, its wonderful but shelves steeply depending on the tide. next to waxham sands is a less official campsite where you get qn alternatice bunch and can have fires

i know little of fishing those waters but dont recall fishing huts along that section of coast. i als have asneaking suspicion that youneeda licence for lobster pots but i could be very wrong

enjoy7l

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE