Norfolk and Norwich Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi Norfolk Bushcrafters, would love to join a meet with you guys (If you allow us Suffolk folk to cross the county lines?!.. I'm just outside Bury St. Ed's)

Be good to meet some local people, got a fellow Bushcrafter (Jimbo75) in Birmingham, and keep driving all the way to the 'Rough Close' meets nr Coventry to harness my skills! 2-3 hr drive!!

to Whittler Kev..
Went to their last meet previous weekend to try out my new DD hammock.. and I've already booked time off for the Outdoor Show meet in March, (not gona go to the show though, went last year, and the only good stuff was on the Scandinavian stool, but the best bits had already gone! Found I just ended up with a bag full of brochures, which I then had to recycle!!)
Look forward to seeing you there! Organiser told me we can actually turn up 4pm Thursday) So that's three nights and Sunday Daytime!

If your interested.. Iv'e got a blog at WolfCrafter.blogspot.com/
Pics of the meets and other Bushcraft bits Iv'e done of recent.. plus my Prototype 'Fire Crane' Cooking Grill System im working on!

Welcome Wolfcrafter,
You are not alone! I'm in Suffolk too, but further East on the "Heritage Coast" (whatever that means!).
Hopefully we can all meet up soon.

KevB

Forager
Oct 19, 2005
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Hi Guys
I've not been on line for a while - still busy though. I'm having a bit of gear purge. It's one of those things isn't it: you keeping upgrading, making, buying new bits; changing the way you do things and eventually you run out of storage room...

Anyway I've decided to sell my SnugPack underqult. It's one of the original batch sorted by Wandrinstar and has the embroidered BushcraftUK logo on the side. It's in pristine condition and has only been used 3 or 4 times in the garden with my Hennesey.

I thought I'd offer it to you local boys first. If no one's interested I'll push it out further. I'm asking £35 + £7 p&p (Sorry, the postage is always a killer on these things unless anyone is passing then you can collect)

Anyway - there you have it

Rich - haven't had a chance to catch up on the thread yet but hope you are OK. I see some new names are appearing.

Regards to everyone

Kev

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
just a quick heads up.

Becketts (army surplus) in Norwich (Dereham rd) are selling:

4m x 4m thermal sheet (OG tarps)! which is HUGE!!!! for £15!!!!

(the thermal bit is a layer of silver foil type material inbetween two OG layers, so it will reflect heat or keep heat in! it's designed to hide the heat given off by army vehicles!

I've picked up 2 I'm going to use them for my tarp shelter during my Bushcraft work this year.

they are as i say HUGE, and good nick, and have large brass grometts much better than stuff you get in DIY shops.

just a quick heads up.

Becketts (army surplus) in Norwich (Dereham rd) are selling:

4m x 4m thermal sheet (OG tarps)! which is HUGE!!!! for £15!!!!

(the thermal bit is a layer of silver foil type material inbetween two OG layers, so it will reflect heat or keep heat in! it's designed to hide the heat given off by army vehicles!

I've picked up 2 I'm going to use them for my tarp shelter during my Bushcraft work this year.

they are as i say HUGE, and good nick, and have large brass grometts much better than stuff you get in DIY shops.

Big enough to be blooming 'Blatant' with!!!.. might have to pop by!

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Sounds good... Did they have many?
I like Becketts, been going there since i was knee high to a grass hopper!Friendly staff too.
they have several on their forecourt and several more in stock.

I've been going there since I was 12 in scouts!....:eek:OMG.........24 years:eek: I just figured it out!

Big enough to be blooming 'Blatant' with!!!.. might have to pop by!
Blatant Bushcraft? more like downright offensive Bushcraft! you'd never get the thing set up in time! lol

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
I think Damascus was heading up the meet?

I'm happy to meet up sooner, any ideas, can we come to your woods and talk webbing?;)

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Ha!Webbing?Webbing??!?
Ive re-kindled my old love of the stuff..latest aquisition is 44 pattern large pack.
And a set of 58...

I would be up for a meet but im only able to do weekends im afraid.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Ha!Webbing?Webbing??!?
Ive re-kindled my old love of the stuff..latest aquisition is 44 pattern large pack.
And a set of 58...

I would be up for a meet but im only able to do weekends im afraid.

ooooooo! webbing yeah baby, yeah!
44" large pack? aren't they like hens teeth?

so that's 3 or 4 webbing sets you have? i lost count, i have just the 2(and several pouches)!

I can do the odd weekend. just have to be nearby because of my health/kids. (saying that staying away from the kids is good for me!;) )!

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
:eek:
I just cant help myself!Although im a far way off that guy like in the link i sent you:DMind you its been a job to track some of it down..yeah,i believe the 44 packs are fairly rare?You have never seen a pack with so many straps attached!!

Re:a meet,ill be in touch.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Hi All

Yeah I am planning a met up in May, I am still having treatment at the moment and not in the best of health but once I can get my self a bit fitter I will sort some details out. Rich knows the sight and I have spoken to the owner so no issues there.

As what is what, I thought guys could bring something along for others to have a go at/see. I will bring a couple of bows to play around with, I'm sure you have some toys that you would like to bring. A big slumber party, Beer is an optional extra that I will be sampling.

all the best

D:hammock::hammock:

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Venturesport have been brought by Jarrolds and will move into londin street later this year. So we will be able to check out the tents and by the wife perfume all under one roof.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE