Norfolk and Norwich Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Glad it went well Rich. I had a general for my leg op 10 days ago. All that c**p they pump in you makes you feel a bit rubbish for 24 hrs otherwise it went fine. Only have good things to say about the NHS just now.
So take it easy, and don't be tempted into doing too much too soon. Don't forget Rays on telly Sunday!

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
wow that would be a massive benefit to those further out and over the border!

just wondered?

.I am considering forming a small bushcraft group, say about 5 members for regular meets.
Would this be part of BCUK?

and a note of caution, he only has 6 posts as of today, so not a well known person! just be careful if any money is being spent!

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
:eek: Seperated at birth?--------uncanny resemberlance
rappleby2000.jpg
Rappleby2000
chavoguerro.jpg
Chavo Guerro (WWE Wrestler)
http://s799.photobucket.com/albums/...&current=chavoguerro.jpg&jwidget_action=album
:lmao:
I'll wait till you recover from the op before :nutkick: :slap: :buttkick: :twak:
Hope it makes you smile but don't pull the stitches

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
:eek: Seperated at birth?--------uncanny resemberlance
rappleby2000.jpg
Rappleby2000
chavoguerro.jpg
Chavo Guerro (WWE Wrestler)

The photo ain't me:lmao:, (though admittedly I am just as thin in the hair dept:rolleyes:).
this is me, the real RAPPLEBY2000:
n675721040_1138499_4054.jpg

(I think I've lost some weight since then, never looked at the photo close-up :eek:)

The Avatar photo is "Karl Pilkington"a famously slow witted, radio producer first given to Ricky Gervais when he was on the Radio(years ago).
All you need to know is here in the Pilkipedia:
http://www.pilkipedia.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
(just "youtube" his name, and watch or listen to the cr*p he spouts!
Including: Monkey news, Rock busters, Educating Ricky.
It's cringeworthy, Unbelieveable and very funny.

I went for a short walk (about 15 mins) and ok.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Kpurse: Hope it made you smile.
I'm laid up at the mo. Came home yesterday afternoon and foot started swelling......On crutches by 7pm. Gone down a bit now...Bloddy Gout
yes, it made me smile:rolleyes:, I knew someone would ask.;)
woah, that sounds bad! surely not gout...:confused:
I'm starting to think we should start a cripple group!:lmao:

Hi Rich.Hows the r&r?
Hi again, well, I'm walking around but can't do stairs (which is good as i live in a bungalow!;)), i reckon another week and I'll be walking the kids to school,
then perhaps something more adventurous but at the rate of an OAP
I've been doing loads of sewing:D

A question.Where did you get the stand/cooker that your mug is on in the pic?Looks like the us army one?
well spotted, it is a US one, they are alluminum, and the Crusader cup, stainless steel, I just put the cup on top and whacked with a hammer it untill it fitted! the tricky bit is to make sure the wide bit fits upside down on the mug for storage, but also is still a tight(ish) fit whilst rightway up.
I'm good at DIY me:approve::lmao:
Since then I coated it in cooker paint 2 reasons: 1. as camo, and 2. it may help it stay hotter, the inside is silver to reflect the heat back at the stove.
(no idea if it works though:eek:) I'm good at science me:approve::lmao:

when we meet I'll show you how it all works, it won't quite fit in the PLCE pouch most people use. I also use made a slightly shorter coke can stove to save on storage space.

just thought you have ALICE gear:approve:, the US cooker was designed to fit around the US mug, (I Used for years before the Crusader came about).
It's worth your while getting the cooker stand even if you don't convert it to a Brit!

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Being the completist that i am,the cooker is all thats missing from my alice set.:)
Where did you get it?

Here you go: (they do ALICE gear too!)
can't link the page for some reason but use the menu Fieldcraft>Cooking>Cookers> (on page 3) US Mug Stand Code: MAC034 £5.99
Index page:http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/military/index.asp

Hm, "commando" pack saw? so, you have to use it naked?:eek:
I first saw one of these way back in the late 1990's and thought they were a good idea, and just plain forgot about them!
I'm looking at the simple tubular aluminium design and I'm thinking I Reckon Imight be able to make one:D another project on the cards!
cheers, that'll keep me busy:You_Rock_

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Hi Guys, blimey we have been a poor bunch later. A few of you with ops (hope you all are getting better) and some with that oink oink thingy. I thought I was safe from illness for a while but last weekend I had a toothacre which has developed into a abs and burst. I am trying to get to see my dentist but shes busy. Well I am getting out of the house today for a meeting but then in the week I must attempt a woodland walk.

Hope to catch up with some of you soon..

BTW I have one of these folding saws, there basic but light

http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=5098074

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Well im fighting fit!!
Thanks for the link to SOF website Rich...
You're a bad man!:D
Im still up for a few folk at my place.When youve all recovered from various ailments

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Well im ok,but then there wasnt anything wrong with me!
I tried to order the us mugstand from SOFmilitary...waited two weeks and they sent me a cheap chinese aluminium mug instead.
Also got meself an alice pack from hoopers...such friendly and helpful staff,it was a pleasure.:rolleyes:

Good packs though!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE